Home Forums General Discussion OT/Suprise Healing!! Zinc Oxide

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Ok with all the pain issues I’ve dealt with for some years now, this past summer I developed a persistent underarm rash, both underarms, right the worst…first time in my 74 yrs. why I’ll never know and it doesn’t matter now.

I started using Florosone homeopathic cream and it helped and then the rash came roaring back..Then I bought some 10% otc cortisone cream, same results…

This has gone on for 5-6 months and I thought it was a heat rash but summer is over and it was still with me early this week. I was avoiding a doc’s visit and their drugs.

So, it came to me why not ZINC OXIDE….baby’s bottoms have been healed for decades with this zinc treatment, so why not other rashes…

So I bought a tube of 40% ZO with aloe in it and used it the other night before bed, and next day the rash is GONE…. I will continue with the ZO every other day or so as a good prevention.

A friend was telling me she uses ZO as her underarm deodorant cream…..makes good sense to me.

Zinc is a healer and thru my research the other day found info on deficiency in zinc as hair loss, loss of smell, pain issues and there was even some info I found on RA and zinc….

I have 10mg in my multi vit, but have been taking 30mg zinc capsule every other day or so as an extra boost….many could be deficient in Zinc and many are deficient in Magnesium. I’ve been up on the Mag issues for many years.

This is my recent personal experience and am so HAPPY about this healing, I had to share with friends here….

Recalling my years of diapering my baby and the globs of ZO I used on her bottom and how it healed those diaper rashes….makes a lot of good sense to me…. what a simple remedy. I’ll never be without it in my house. jam

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey Jam;
    You just might be on to something here.My holistic doc says that everyone with an immune disease is deficient in zinc and magnesium.She had me on 200mg zinca day for over a year and now until forever on 100mg a day.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Lynne, I had never really given Zinc much thought until this recent HEALING, it was like overnight with the ZO and this 5+ month rash. Then I got to thinking about it on all aspects. Zinc is a healer. I’ll continue with the 30mg but daily now and go from there…..one has to eat a LOT of cashews and pecans, etc. to get adequate zinc.

Back in 2005, I had a complete mineral panel done and my zinc came in at 10.3 on a lab range of 8-14.5 so it appeared OK. I was eating a lot more NUTS back then….I go in spurts with nuts.

My low levels however were Manganese, Vanadium and Molybdenum….all these minerals play important roles in our health. Manganese with bone/joints. I’ve been taking extra manganese for a while now, usually 30mg a day give or take.

That Mineral Panel was a good test as it showed a lot one’s minerals in the body. Minerals are necessary…. Thanks for your comments…..more validation on this. jam

jaminhealth
    Participant

Oh the Zinc Plot thickness…

Now, I’m making sense of why my integrative GP checked Zinc RBC level in 2011 yearly labs….she knows I deal with OA issues and some FM stuff, so she did the Zinc check and we never talked about it and I never understood why she did it, now I think I know…

This report came out 10.6 on a range of 9-14.7, so in range, but low end.

So I’ll definitely stay with the 30mg Zinc daily…. interesting developments.. jam

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Jam;
    I had that mineral panel done also.I will have to pull out the original,all I remember is it scared my doctor. heheheIt’s the same testing that is done by forensic scientists to see what a dead body may have been exposed to.They take a lock of your hair and burn it,then analyse the ash.Is that the one you had done?

jaminhealth
    Participant

When I was given the FM dx in 1999, I went in so many directions….

This one holistic MD went thru a lot of testing and one was the mineral panel from Doctors’Data labs… This also included the toxic elements and mercury was high…and I’ve never done anything on that one…never did a mercury detox or almagams removed….just live with it.

Moly was the worst of them all, so I do take moly supplement now and have been for a while.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Talking to another of my groupie holistic friends, she takes 50mg Zinc daily and 2mg Copper as the zinc can rob us of some copper as I understand it.

Minerals are important to this big puzzle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.