Home Forums General Discussion OT…Cataracts a Natural Cure!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

I found this interesting…google Coconut Water Cures Cataracts.

One article went on to say, a traditional method of treating cataracts involves the use of coconut water. Several drops of Coconut water are put into the eyes, a hot damp washcloth is placed over the eyes, the patient lies down with the washcloth in place for about 10 minutes.

Perhaps part of the reason it may work is due to the antioxidant effect of coconut water. Cataracts are caused by oxidation so the antioxidant effect of the water may be of some help.

I have pretty good health eye and contribute my good eye health to using grape seed extract (antioxidant) for many years….many of the people in my life have had cataract surgery and NONE were taking grape seed ex as I have been…

I think I saw a book called Coconut Cures…. My good friend who has been on grape seed ex 1 month longer than me has no cataract issues either, she’s 67, I’m 74…

So do your own research but I thought this to be interesting the antioxidant effect on the oxidation issues that cause cataracts….

This type of surgery is HUGE business and to do one’s own healing would be a HUGE savings for eyes….

mary77
    Participant

Just felt the need to tell of my experience with cataracts (prednisone and cortisone injection related). Five years ago, I was told I needed cataract surgery on both eyes. I waited to schedule surgery while I researched my options. I found interesting information regarding N-acetyl-carnosine eyedrops being used successfully to get rid of cataracts. I ordered several bottles and started using the drops…2 drops in each affected eye twice a day.

Nothing was mentioned about cataracts a year later in my routine eye exam. Recently, a neuro-opthamologist did a very thorough exam of my eyes. Again, nothing mentioned about the need for cataract surgery…only a very small cataract in one eye that was of no consequence. I feel it was due to my use of the N-acetyl-carnosine drops. I continue to use them just twice/week. FYI!!

jaminhealth
    Participant

Good for you Mary and I can’t help but BELIEVE so so many needless cataracts are performed by the medical world by not knowing and people researching for alterantives to this big $$$ making surgery, they do them routinely….a real shame thinking more on this subject…SO MANY of my friends have had them done….

I’m sure my grape seed extract is keeping my eyes healthy at age 74…no cats or glaucoma etc….

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

mary77-

How do you get them in your eye? It is hard to get drops in my eyes.

A friend recently had cataract surgery that didn’t turn out very well.

Jan

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I just saw a youtube video by Doctor Janina on putting eye drops in eyes with eyes closed.

jaminhealth
    Participant

I would think one would lose some benefit with eyes closed, some solution could seep in but not getting full results. But I guess better than nothing if a person can’t do the drops with eyes open…

I use a couple general eye drop solutions and I have no trouble, just put head back with eyes open and squeeze out drops into eyes…

A lady on another health board I’m a member of is scheduled for this surgery next week and I’m hoping she’ll try Mary’s drops and hold off on the surgery…it would be a real HIGH to have the drops do the curing….and not go thru surgery…..

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

The Road Back Foundation (RBF) provides educational information about the use of antibiotics for rheumatic diseases and an online community for patient-to-patient support.

FORUM GUIDELINES:
    Please do not advertise or make use of the forum for any commercial purpose
    Please do not post the names of physicians. Initials are acceptable
    Please keep the support forum’s primary focus on questions about, experiences with or information related to antibiotic protocols (AP) for rheumatic diseases and/or supporting measures that may enhance the therapy
    Please do not post copyrighted materials. All sources of quoted information must be appropriately referenced
    Please do not engage in flaming (personal attacks on any support forum user)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1

RBFV

jaminhealth
    Participant

The reason I really posted this is that I found as far back as 2008, a lot of posts mentioning cataracts…just was trying to offer some help in that area….

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

The eye drops have been helpful. My overall health affects my RA so this information helps lessen stress and indirectly helps RA.

richie
    Participant

Hi Jamin –A hip replacement is hardly an ad for grape seed —I am your age –never took any off the charts supplements –only take minocin and other prescribed meds and guess what –no longer sick with SD and no hip replacement –no aging illness like OA –and I walk 2–3 miles a day –travel all over –etc etc –just by relying on and believing in mainstream meds —whats an unnecessary cataract procedure –with a laser its a 1/2 hour procedure- no primitive treatments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BY the way –instead of making excuses for your posts why dont you heed the guidelines !!!!!!

You never mentioned whether you have started doxy or not !!!!
    richie

mary77
    Participant

Richie…The avoidance of cataract surgery was a VICTORY. (in my opinion) Any surgical procedure affects my Lyme/RA in negative ways. The cataracts were caused by the use of prednisone, which is a commonly prescribed pharmaceutical for RA and other rheumatic diseases. I was never told of the possibility of cataracts from this drug.

I don’t feel this is “off topic” because so many coming here are looking for help for rheumatic illness. My guess, many have taken prednisone or steroid injections. Mentioning my very positive outcome for cataracts (without surgery) is something that may help others…especially those who have taken prednisone.

I am a firm believer in following the AP…it works!!
    Mary

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Mary77-

I’m with you 100%.

Jan

jaminhealth
    Participant

Mary, I’m so thankful for your info on these “drops” . A lady on another board was facing cataract surgery recently and I related your story to her and about the drops in hopes she would give the drops a chance, but she didn’t listen unfortunately….

Now, she’s report 2 weeks later of the complications and she’s worried sick about her slow recovery with eyes….

Another lady is thinking about this surgery and now she’s definitely going to give the drops a chance.. I don’t have cataracts but have floaters for years, they don’t bother me, but these drops deal with floaters too. I plan to buy them one of these days…thanks again. jam

Trudi
    Participant

@richie wrote:

–just by relying on and believing in mainstream meds —

Hi Richie–
    You are very, very lucky that mainstream meds have treated you so well. I came to this board because I had no such luck. Happily, with my first dose of minocycline, I was able to throw away the prescription my doctor had written for narcotics to alleviate the pain of my RA. Of course, since then, I know the underlying cause was Lyme. And since then, it appears I am also dealing with quinolone damage.

Although I am currently NOT using the antibiotic protocol, I frequent the board daily for nuggets of knowledge and information. I have been a member since 2008. The wealth of information I have received is astounding. I would hate to have your comments keep someone from posting. I recognize this is an antibiotic therapy board for rheumatic diseases; unfortunately, these diseases create havoc throughout the body. I am very grateful that our members share their personal experiences. By the way, I ignore posts that are of no interest and I would never ever use anything suggested without major investigation/research first.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

jaminhealth
    Participant

Trudi, on the quinoline damage, I’ve heard from others on boards with this damage from these “fluoride” laced drugs….very very unfortunate.. I have avoided these type drugs all my life and hope to continue. Hopefully, this damage can be reversed slowly but surely, don’t know. I do my utmost to avoide FLUORIDE period….I’ve been in the anti fluoride groups for probably 5 yrs prior to the chemical pushers fluoridated our city who never had been forceably fluoridated by this toxic fluroide from the waste products of chemical and fertilizer plants. I happen to be of the mindset that so much damage thru our country has been caused by this fluoride buildup in our bodies……and I’m not talking mother nature’s fluoride from rain. If you want to educate yourself, if you are not already, check out Fluoride Action Network (FAN) site for constant updates this horrible issue.

Oh and I am angry that pharma still produces these quinoline drugs that cause so much damage….it continues…

I enjoy the information here too, someone here talked about higher doses of MSM and I’ve been doing that for almost 4 yrs since hearing that suggestion.

Take care…jam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.