Home Forums General Discussion oral bacteria F nucleatum found in Synovial fluid

• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    garylc
    Participant

Hi has anyone noted that a study has found the F nucleaturn oral bacteria as the likely cause of Reactive Arthritis in
    both Osteo and rheumatoid arthritis ? Please see Pubmed 22426587 dated Apr 18 2012. This study really supports
    the Dr Brown infectious cause and treatment.

cavalier
    Participant

Garlyc – Hi this study supports the oral DNA subject I recently posted. I have my saliva kit here for me to do this week & send it in then will make a follow up visit to the IOMAT dentist who will prescribe specifc AP depending on the findings. It certainly does support Dr Brown & looks to be a connection to the bacterias found in the mouth can truly be predictive.

Jill

garylc
    Participant

Hi Jill
    I have been using Azithromycin 500 every 2 nd day for 2 weeks and after reading this study started Minocycline 100s
    every other 2nd day 4 days ago. I have had several root Canals and one resulted in a periapical abscess that I have carried for
    15 years. The Knee pain seems to have reduced by 50 % already ! Do you know anything about A nose spray targeting Fusobacterium nucleatum against abcesses see _Vaccine 2009 March 4;27[10];1589-1595? I think it is available now

Could you tell me where to get the kit to test saliva and does your dentist have kits to test saliva or pockets before prescribing the best Antibiotic or is Minocycline ok for most gram negative anaerobe bacteria? What does IOMAT dentist mean?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

garyl – did you also see this post of Maz’s in February citing a number of articles/press releases regarding oral bacteria and their connection with RA?
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6911&p=59390&hilit=oral+bacteria#p59390

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

cavalier
    Participant

Hi Garylc – the test kit was sent to me from this dentist but you must see this dentist once the test kit is done he is in Franklin tn- meaning this dentist provides & sells them but only if he can then follow you as a patient. I would check the net for any dentists with the designation that you asked me about & ask if they have this kit. I believe Quest Labs also sells them but i dont know if it is the exact same brand & covers as much or not in what it tests for. I believe it is still a
    relatively newer type of test over the last couple of yr’s I had contacted this dentist last fall in regard to this. I would think more & more dentists will start to do this that are biological dentists. Some periodontists may carry it if they have a patient whose gums wont heal & they cant figure out why or get it cleared up they will order this sometimes so that maybe another avenue to try. This dentist is 3+ hr’s away from me each direction so i wanted them to send me the test 1st & once the results are in make a follow up apptmt to review & a plan of action. They normally have you come in 1st but they agreed due to the distance to work with me this way.

That designation am brain dead at the moment but it is a biologically trained dentist who knows about cavitations & metal issues root canals the risks as well as special training in removing mercury etc.
    I think there is a vaccine but I would have to check.

Best – Jill SD

cavalier
    Participant

Oh this DNA test kit is saliva – there is more info on the link under the subject Oral DNA.
    Jill SD

Suzanne
    Participant

@garylc wrote:

Please see Pubmed 22426587 dated Apr 18 2012.

Do you have a link for this study? I haven’t been able to find it in Pubmed with the information provided. Thanks!

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Suzanne wrote:

@garylc wrote:

Please see Pubmed 22426587 dated Apr 18 2012.

Do you have a link for this study? I haven’t been able to find it in Pubmed with the information provided. Thanks!

Hi Suzanne,

You might have been unable to find it due to the title of the study, which is about the incidental discovery of oral bacteria in joint fluid as a result of failed prosthetic joints and the title doesn’t name the fuso species:

“Identification of oral bacterial DNA in synovial fluid of patients with arthritis with native and failed prosthetic joints.”

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22426587

Usually, if you just add the study number to the end of PubMed URL, it pops up. Here are a couple more news hits on the subject, but seems this study has been included in numerous online articles and journals:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120418112047.htm

http://www.painlive.com/web-exclusive/Oral-Bacteria-Linked-to-Arthritic-Joint-Destruction

Nice to meet you, Garylc! Thanks for sharing your findings! 🙂

garylc
    Participant

Hi Maz
    I have a study that was carried out in 2009 in Vaccine;[march 4;27 [10] :1589-1595 A novel vaccine targeting Fusobacterium nucleatum against abscesses and halitosis.I am trying to obtain this nasal vaccine or more info about it. Do you have any suggestions or help on finding it? It is being tested by Division of Oral Biology and Medicine,University of California,Los angeles School of dentistry,Ca90095 Usa. It sounds great at reducing swelling and blocking migration of F nucleatum to other Synovial
    fluids.

Maz
    Keymaster

@garylc wrote:

I am trying to obtain this nasal vaccine or more info about it. Do you have any suggestions or help on finding it? .

Hi Gary,

I’ve replied on Eva’s thread where you also asked about this vaccine. Just to avoid the need for repetition, here’s the link to some thoughts that popped to mind on the subject:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7188

Thanks again for sharing your finds! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.