Home Forums General Discussion One year on clarithromycin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    leerobert
    Participant

It’s been several months since I have been on the forum. To recap, my husband started on clarithromycin daily 1 year ago after having to stop minocycline due to numerous complications/drug hypersensitivity. He took the mino for 2 years and was in remission until he developed problems, then after stopping it had a major relapse several months later. Got started on clarithromycin and has done very well on this drug too with resolution of his symptoms, CRP and SED rate normalized. The only lab that has not trended down is his CCP. In fact, it has continued to rise. Kinda of perplexing, not sure what to make of it. He also started on LDN 4.5 mg in April and has done well with that, but his arthritis symptoms were gone when he started it, so it’s hard to gauge if it has helped the RA. I do know it has helped with his thyroid conversion of t4 to t3. Does anyone have some thoughts on the CCP? I figured by now it would be trending down.

RA diagnosis 2015 - positive anti-CCP. Currently Clarithromycin 500 mg daily; Turmeric supplement; probiotic; fish oil; vitamin D3; MSM. Minocycline therapy from 2015-2017 until developing sensitivities. Gluten free and dairy free diet. Severe dairy intolerance. Tested positive for M. pneumoniae igG

Spiffy1

Everyone always tells me to go by how you feel and not by bloodwork. But often of course they go hand in hand. It is maddening to feel like you are feeling better but your labs won’t budge and sometimes get worse. I know Dr. Brown was big on saying that sometimes the labs would come down first but sometimes the patient would get to feeling better first and then the labs would follow. I feel for you and your hubby. I know this frustration all too well. My RA factor is going to hang on for dear life and I have given up on trying to demolish it. We are learning to live side by side so I tell my doctor that I don’t really care anymore what it is as long as I am not hurting anywhere. So I don’t know what to tell you other than it is what it is and as long as he is meeting with success in other areas then just accept it as is. I hope your doctor can give you more medically sounding advice. I am just a fellow patient who can’t shake my own antibody!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Maz
    Keymaster

Moxatag (long-acting penicillin) and diflucan brought my anti-CCP down consistently by 40 points a month while I was on it. The monthly decreases were so consistent that there was no doubt by my doc or me that it was the result of these meds.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.