Home Forums General Discussion oil of oregano

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I am about to begin my therapy. I have RA, Carpal tunnel and Ranuard’s. Before i started AP THERAPY… I had acupuncture for my carpal tunnel[instead of surgery] which helped considerably. Before that I had swelling and pain used prednisone off and on. Didn’t want the side effects so I started with a Naturopath changed my diet[went on juice fast then veggie juicing and then anti-inf protein powder [ND prescribed]. Noticed foods that caused swelling,,burning,,and stinging in hands so cleaned up my diet!!!!!
    i was visiting my daughter who had horrible cold and did not want to get sick, so the entire day every three hours I took 4 drops of Oil of Oregano,,[2] 1000 mg V-C and [2] caps of Astragalus. Didnt think much of it until I noticed my RA<

lemons
    Participant

Herbs are packed with vitamins and minerals and their nutritional benefits are often overlooked. Rosemary for example is a natural anti inflammatory, anti allergic, anti fungal and anti septic. Its rich in vitamins B,A,C and iron. Thyme has one of the highest antioxidant levels among herbs, also rich in vitamins B,A,K,E,C and potassium, iron, calcium, manganese, selenium and folic acid. We are encouraged to eat a Mediterranean diet, fresh fruit, veg, fish, olive oil but its sometimes forgotten that fresh herbs are also used in abundance in that part of the world. A large handful of freshly chopped herbs will transform the dullest salad into something more interesting thats also be brimming with vitamins and minerals . I have started to add a lot more to my diet, and this spring intend to buy a wide variety to plant up in pots so I have a nice selection of flavours throughout the summer.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Just be cautious of Oil of Oregano – and it is the oil of wild oregano that’s effective. I experienced major and immediate symptoms (probably herxing) after just two drops in water some years back – fatigue and flu-like response of the magnitude that put me in bed in under 2 hours. Same thing happened when I tried just 1 drop a few months later. Natural therapies can also elicit major responses in some people.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lemons
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

Just be cautious of Oil of Oregano – and it is the oil of wild oregano that’s effective. I experienced major and immediate symptoms (probably herxing) after just two drops in water some years back – fatigue and flu-like response of the magnitude that put me in bed in under 2 hours. Same thing happened when I tried just 1 drop a few months later. Natural therapies can also elicit major responses in some people.

I agree about being cautious with oils. I once added a few drops of orange and clove oil to my bath ( it was Christmas and I wanted to smell festive !) and ended up with the most horrific rash that lasted for days.

laurawm
    Participant

Essential oils have become a significant part of my protocol – including oil of oregano. EO’s are very potent and can induce significant herxes, but some are also very anti-inflammatory and immune modulating. I view it similarly as any other potent anti-biotic like therapy for AI diseases – low and pulsed doses work best. 🙂 Here’s a couple of research articles re: the active component in oregano oil – carvacrol:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3457998/
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20131272

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19578162

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.