Home Forums General Discussion Oh What A Relief It Is!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    fastspinW
    Participant

American readers may well assume from the subject line that this is the beginning of an Alka Selsa Plus commercial…as in Pop, Pop, Fizz, Fizz… Alas the relief I refer to here has zip to do with that particular product. Rather the relief I’m speaking of is derived from a microwaveable neck wrap that my good wife Joyce uses for treatment of stress related sore neck muscles. (In my defense, I’ll add here that it’s not me causing her the stress!)

You’ve probably seen these things. They are available in health food stores and online and cost around $10-$15. Better yet, unlike the very expensive “use once and throw away” heat packs sold by Theraband and others these little babies can be used over and over and over. They consist of a tubular cloth sleeve in a horse shoe like shape stuffed full of some sort of little pebbly things. Sort of a distant relative of the old comfortable bean bag chairs that were all the rage back in the 60s/70s. Many of them also contain some sort of scent producing herbal material…my wife’s has eucalyptus oil in it.

Anyway, in the midst of another flare the pain in my hands on some days if not unbearable is at least highly suggestive of that unhappy state and Joyce recently recommended (actually required!) that I give this little device a try. So after popping the neck wrap into the microwave for 2 minutes I sat it on the arm of the couch, placed my right hand on it palm down and then flopped the other section of it over the back of the hand. This results in a lovely warm cocoon within which the pain of RA quickly subsides! I’m not sure if there is a curative effect taking place here but I can assure you that as in the subject line, Oh What A Relief It Is!

And Joyce’s comment?

“See, I was right again!”

πŸ™„

All best,
    Winston

hi winston and joyce, i had to have a laugh πŸ˜€ , just prior to reading your post a took a glass of ( sal vital) probably similar to alka-seltzer. so had to read what you said in your post πŸ˜€ .love the idea of the neck wrap for the hands joyce πŸ™‚ , will give it a try . what a lovely couple you are. good health to you both. it must be a laugh a minute at your place, which is good medicine in itself πŸ˜€ . take care…kind regards..di. πŸ™‚

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.