Home Forums General Discussion Nutritional Microscopy Is this legit?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

Hi all,
    I went to a new Doctor today as mine has retired which left me no other choice. Any way, I like her very much but she is a ND ,something I am not 100% comfortable with. I hear of all of the supplements everyone takes here and really don’t think I could ever be compliant to the amount of stuff people take. That is just me as I had a hard time accepting the mino daily πŸ˜€ .Anyway I was advised to get to the root of my problem, lyme or RA or both and what was recommended is that I see a “certified nutritional microscopist” who studied under a Dr. Y in California.
    What they would do is a live mycotoxic oxidative stress test. What I could see on the internet is they take a blood sample and check it for different abnormalities such as fungus, bacteria, pathogens like parasites etc. Based on what I read, it is a way to get the patient to buy supplements. Has anyone taken this test? It costs about $150.00-$200.00.

In Wilkcopedia I read some horrible stuff about this Dr not an MD and it even indicated his involvement with the laetrile hoax for cancer patients in the 80’s. I remember this as I was a chemo nurse at the time and we lost a beautiful little boy whose parents took him out AMA and drove him to Mexico to receive laetrile, a supposedly holistic way to cure cancer. This is probably why I am always so skeptical of everything. 😯
    So on face value it sounded so good, a blood test to reveal what pathogens you have and a treatment to match what is found.Has anyone had this test and is it legit, helpful etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Patti

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

@Patti D wrote:

Hi all,
    I went to a new Doctor today as mine has retired which left me no other choice. Any way, I like her very much but she is a ND ,something I am not 100% comfortable with. I hear of all of the supplements everyone takes here and really don’t think I could ever be compliant to the amount of stuff people take. That is just me as I had a hard time accepting the mino daily πŸ˜€ .Anyway I was advised to get to the root of my problem, lyme or RA or both and what was recommended is that I see a “certified nutritional microscopist” who studied under a Dr. Y in California.
    What they would do is a live mycotoxic oxidative stress test. What I could see on the internet is they take a blood sample and check it for different abnormalities such as fungus, bacteria, pathogens like parasites etc. Based on what I read, it is a way to get the patient to buy supplements. Has anyone taken this test? It costs about $150.00-$200.00.

In Wilkcopedia I read some horrible stuff about this Dr not an MD and it even indicated his involvement with the laetrile hoax for cancer patients in the 80’s. I remember this as I was a chemo nurse at the time and we lost a beautiful little boy whose parents took him out AMA and drove him to Mexico to receive laetrile, a supposedly holistic way to cure cancer. This is probably why I am always so skeptical of everything. 😯
    So on face value it sounded so good, a blood test to reveal what pathogens you have and a treatment to match what is found.Has anyone had this test and is it legit, helpful etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Patti

Patti:

Awhile back I had posted about watching out for many Doctors who are nothing more than Marketers with a MD degree that cloaks them with perceived credibility in the eyes of many who are desperate for a cure. There are exceptions to every rule, but the doctors that have massive websites to market many products such as supplements, alternative therapies, saunas, and everything else are not the best doctors in my opinion. Too preocupied in making money to have the best interest of the patients

Maz
    Keymaster

@Patti D wrote:

This is probably why I am always so skeptical of everything. 😯
    So on face value it sounded so good, a blood test to reveal what pathogens you have and a treatment to match what is found.Has anyone had this test and is it legit, helpful etc.

Hi Patti,

I don’t know much about the MOST test and can’t really share much with you, but what I’d want more info on is how a tiny blood sample from a pinprick on the finger can reveal a person’s total pathogen load? This is one of the criticisms of darkfield microscopy, because one blood sample may not reveal spirochetes and where they may be hiding out in the body. It’s hit and miss. Also, in the case of Lyme, what is known is that spirochetes drill through blood vessels and quickly leave the blood stream, burrowing deep into tissues, often various pleomorphic forms. So, even if borrelia was still in the blood in good quantity, would they be looking for it in these various pleomorphic forms and, if so, would they be able to recognize it? I’m wondering this, because even the so-called experts are having trouble identifing the altered forms, like cysts, in the tissue and serum samples of big clinical studies. This is one of the most controversial aspects of Lyme. What these cyst forms are capable of and just identifying them. There’s tons of evidence they’re there and we’ve even seen live video of spirochetes shape-shifting into cystic forms, but identifying them from other spherical forms floating in serum samples is another matter.

There are many websites on the web about the MOST test, which I’m sure you’ve already found. This is just one brief explanation of the test that I have found:

http://www.stress-institute.com/mycotoxic-oxidative-stress-test/

I can’t really comment on the naturopathic route to treatment either, as I haven’t chosen that path exclusively, though I have researched and found some supps to be helpful, personally. Some here have gone this route, like Trudi and Andrea, so they may be able to share more about all this with you. I think what it might come down to is one’s own personal comfort zone and what $$$ one is willing to spend to trial a different path in ‘unknown’ territory, so to speak.

I hope someone has more knowledge of this testing method and has tried it, so they can share their personal experience with you to either confirm or allay your concerns.

Btw, Patti…I am so happy to hear about your vacation plans….and did you say to Hawaii, no less???? I’m sorry I missed replying to this on a previous thread. 😳 I got waylaid, as usual, but just wanted to say that if anyone deserves this break away, it’s you! πŸ˜€ Please let us know how you enjoy it all – what a dream vaca!!!!

richie
    Participant

Hi–Read up on him –hold onto your wallet !!!!!!
    richie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.