Home Forums General Discussion Now it’s my dad!!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    cavalier
    Participant

Is his Core all titanium or is there a polyethylene portion to give some flexibility? the poly… can get bacterias & too late for me to remember the exact name but this can require ABX for this or the titanium could be a sensitivity but you may have said the latter was tested but if there is a plastic type portion that can be not innocent they have proven that ADR’s hips spines etc these implants the plastic like can easily get contaminated. Rich briefly talks of this in his movie why are we still sick.

I have a ADR made of both Titanium & polyethylene & I did start to fight illnesses after this was implanted in 04 this holds my spine together it’s called a Prodisc. I was bitten though by ticks in 05 & got Lyme then, but I did get a MRSA infection after this surgery, prior to the ticks.

And yes Lyme can be transmitted but I would also question as what else that makes the Lyme linger that the immune cant effectively fight on it’s own to fend off well- such as possibility of heavy metals can get tested for that & parasites some of them are not always the types we may associate or have heard of but either or both of these make it impossible to get rid of lyme even with ABX – typically.

Dr K. says to get rid of 1st parasites if there often most doc’s miss looking for these & stool tests in America are worthless basically. Saliva testing if you can find a doc with knowledge or do a trial if doc agrees to see. Heavy Metals also are a big player Dr K. also says that either or both of these you will have a tough time getting rid of Lyme til u address these 1st – candida is often there simply due to these being issues.
    A Alternative doc who knows about Chelation maybe more willing to do a dr’s data test challenge to see for the levels of toxic heavy metals.

best –
    Jill

Maz
    Keymaster

@cavalier wrote:

Maz – I didn’t know Rich was there – he is a friend of mine. We have never met but we got back to 2003 10 yr’s.

It’s a small world.

Wow, Jill, yes, it certainly is a small world. Just sorry you had to meet Richard Longland in this way! Is it just synchronous that you both became unwell after your surgeries?

cavalier
    Participant

It’s def. a player, but I have no choice as it holds my back together Maz.
    Although Dr S tested me for certain mycoplasmas etc – I was negative but…

Rich & I have both dug in in search of our road back. He doesn’t have Lyme, but he did have mycoplasma infections that was quite high he did AP for a couple of years, but then started to encompass changing how he ate etc.
    He used to be a postman in the Boston area still there in Boston think its Woburn but I could have the town name wrong. He got one brand of ADR here in the states & I got another brand implanted in Germany. When Lyme entered in after this was just too much for me – either the stress of the surgery alone could do it or …contamination it’s the polyethylene plastic that causes much of the problem this is also true for IV lines to a degree though too which people use alot – things people don’t think of stents, Art. knees & hips & catheters besides the ADR’s.
    Jill

cavalier
    Participant

Maz – I should say I knew Rich just before he got his ADR & he me as well.

We both were inspiring to others as this did relieve the pain pretty much for me after 10 yr’s of constant pain from a car accident. Rich got hurt at the post office. Rich was amazed at how well I was doing after my surgery. I may have stayed withstanding some stressors to my body but Lyme added to the rest was too much.

Jill

A Friend
    Participant

Another link about metal allergy just seen. Hopefully it will have helpful information for those with metal allergy related problems.
    http://www.steelstandingbook.com/tag/stejskal-medical-award/

Before seeing this, I had done a search for one of my new favorite site links, which is the web site of ACIM Connect. The list of principals on the ACIM site reads like Who’s Who among outstanding chronic illness doctors. (The site is temporarily closed for an upgrade of some type.)

When the search had been done for the link to the site, other related sites showed up. The one shared above has a video about a metal allergies case, which I thought might be of interest to many.

AF

A Friend
    Participant

@mkbeeliever wrote:

Hello All! Its been a very long time since I’ve posted here. I am sad that I have returned but happy to connect with you “veterans” again. Hi to all of you old or new! It’s been two years since my mom passed. Time goes by so quickly! I miss her with every fiber of my being.

So…guess what? My dad is sick now. Here is what he’s been going through since April:

Dad had a back operation on April 11. They inserted a device called a “Coflex” into his low spine instead of doing a fusion. He has run fevers every month since he had that titanium put in his body. He has severe cold chills (looks like he’s convulsing) and his fever gets up to 103 sometimes. This cycle does pass but he still is not himself after. His body is being attacked by something. He gets a rash on his face, flaky skin on his face, runny nose and severe dizziness before these attacks. He is hospitalized and released once fevers go away. This has been happening every month since April. They have run so many tests. Bone scan, MRI’s, Bone marrow biopsy, x-rays, blood work etc. All negative. There is no infection in his body. I have felt like this titanium Coflex thing has been the culprit all along. Hard to get doctors to take that seriously because NO NONE is allergic to titanium or titanium alloys. We have finally succeeded in sending a blood sample to a private lab in New Jersey for Melisa testing (metal sensitivity/allergy) and the results came in today. NEGATIVE. He’s not having a reaction to the titanium. We are at our wits end.

So, smart, amazing, helpful people: Could my mom have passed the Lyme to dad? Could the surgery have activated the Lyme?

Any comments, theories are welcomed! xxoo Michelle (Michou to Lynn!)

Michelle,
    I happened to see the title of your topic about your Dad’s problems again tonight, “This Time It’s My Dad” and wondered if you’d read the information I posted about metal allergy which I found shortly after reading your post about your dad. Then I remembered that I had put it in a separate new topic because there were others who also had also raised questions about possible metal allergy. Please forgive me for apparently not making you aware of posting this separate topic. To me it seemed possibly important and probable. This is the link to the separate topic posted, specifically because of the metal allergy issues you raised. Hope it’s not too late to be of possible help, if it relates to his problems.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9616&p=70585&hilit=metal+allergy#p70585

AF

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I need to apologize…
    I am so very sorry for my lack of continuing conversation with you all. I know that you took much time and effort to post to me and for that I am forever grateful!

Good news! My father was finally diagnosed with a disease called Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The oncologist/blood doctor diagnosed him on September 23rd. Dad had gotten sick again that weekend. Terrible chills, fever, etc. etc. He had an appointment with this doc on that Monday. So instead of ER we waited for that appointment. Dad went straight into the hospital from the doc’s office after the diagnosis. Began steroids (Pred), IV fluids and an IV antibiotic. By the very next day my dad was a new man. He came home on the 25th. He’s doing great!

The titanium test came back negative. Not even a little sensitive to any titanium alloy.

Thank you all for your time, input, caring words, support and knowledge!

Blessings,
    Michelle

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.