Home Forums General Discussion No Return Call

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RLKINNETT
    Participant

I have been taking minocycline for two months. My RA doctor called Dr. S. in Iowa to consult with him about my treatment plan with the AB therapy. I had a follow up appt with my doctor yesterday and he said he never received a return call from Dr. S. What should I do? He has agreed to keep me on minocycline for two more months and if I don’t improve he wants me to take biologics. πŸ˜•

RBFV Edit to remove AP doc’s surname as per forum guidelines to protect physician privacy. Thanks for understanding! πŸ™‚

Maz
    Keymaster

@RLKINNETT wrote:

I have been taking minocycline for two months. My RA doctor called Dr. S. in Iowa to consult with him about my treatment plan with the AB therapy. I had a follow up appt with my doctor yesterday and he said he never received a return call from Dr. S. What should I do? He has agreed to keep me on minocycline for two more months and if I don’t improve he wants me to take biologics. πŸ˜•

Hi RL,

When did your doc call? Dr. S. is semi-retired now, so sometimes goes away on little trips, I think, so it may take a week or so for him to reply. In the meantime, you could drop Dr. S. an email or even try to call at the designated times to see if he picks up and to let him know your doc called for guidance. You just never know, the phone message may have got waylaid or something, so no problem to follow up for your doc, I wouldn’t think. Dr. S. is such a country gent and very kind to still do this – he really cares about rheumatic patients. πŸ™‚

Btw, 3 months is not long enough to determine improvement on AP – in the first 3 months there is very often worsening in both labs and symptoms, so this is why many docs think it doesn’t work! So, hang in there. Am sure Dr. S. will help when a connection is made.

RLKINNETT
    Participant

Thank You!!

I would like to send Dr. S an email but I’m not able to find it on the site.

Maz
    Keymaster

@RLKINNETT wrote:

Thank You!!

I would like to send Dr. S an email but I’m not able to find it on the site.

RL, I will be happy to send you this doc’s contact info when I get home later today…on iPad just now. πŸ˜‰

Maz
    Keymaster

RL, PM has now been sent with Dr. S’s contact info. Now you’ve made 3 posts on the forum, you should be able to access the PM system okay. Just click up top, to the right of the User Control Panel, where it should say (1 new message). You should also get an automated email telling you a PM is waiting for you to pick up. Good luck and let us know how you do getting thru to him. πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.