Home Forums General Discussion No IV doctors in NY, NJ or CT

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Heresiarch
    Participant

I have seen Dr. W in NJ who does not believe in IV treatment. I am on Minocycline 200mg a day but I have a rash consistent with Dermatomyocitis that is spreading fast accross my knuckles. I do not want to wait to get worse, so I am looking for the IV treatments to jump start my therapy. I also asked my LLMD, Dr. C in NY, but he was unwilling as he is unfamiliar with the protocol.

Is there anyone in NY, NJ or CT that has received IV antibiotic treatments from a local doctor? If so, would you please private message me their name?

I am willing to go to an LLMD or any MD. It is not practical for me to drive to Iowa at this point.

Maz
    Keymaster

Heresiarch, I have just sent you a PM with Pennsylvania AP docs, some of whom are listed as doing IVs and may be closer to you than CT. I still hope someone will chime in for you re: AP docs in NY or NJ who are using IVs.

All the best and please let us know how you get on. 🙂

nelfam
    Participant

Hi,

I am in Pennsylvania, and was wondering if you did find someone to work with you.

Thanks!
    Amy

Maz
    Keymaster

@nelfam wrote:

Hi,

I am in Pennsylvania, and was wondering if you did find someone to work with you.

Thanks!
    Amy

Hi Amy,

Would you like the full PA AP physician list so you can call around? I believe Dr. B uses IVs, if indicated.

Hi Heresiarch,

In case you receive the notification of a reply on this thread, I think I might have located a DO in CT willing to do IV clindy – he is also a LLMD. I think you and I have spoken on the phone before, so if you’d like further info, please PM me and I’ll give you my phone number for details, if interested.

Heresiarch
    Participant

Maz,

Yes, we have spoke a few times before. I found a Dr. R in CT that did the IV clindamycin for me back in January. It was very affordable.

The problem is that last months bloodwork revealed that my C3 and C4 proteins are going down, as is my white count. I am still on Mino 200mgs a day, and have been since Dec. No herxing, and new pain in my knuckles. I am afraid that the treatment isn’t working for me. I’m really worried.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Heresiarch wrote:

Yes, we have spoke a few times before. I found a Dr. R in CT that did the IV clindamycin for me back in January. It was very affordable.

The problem is that last months bloodwork revealed that my C3 and C4 proteins are going down, as is my white count. I am still on Mino 200mgs a day, and have been since Dec. No herxing, and new pain in my knuckles. I am afraid that the treatment isn’t working for me. I’m really worried.

Heresiarch, was that Dr. R the ND in Newington by any chance? If not, would you be so kind to PM me their contact info?

Re: your WBC, did Dr. C, the LLMD you saw, test you for erhlichiosis or suspect it, at all?

Anything else you’re taking in addition to mino and IV clindy?

I will try to check in tomorrow to see if you responded, but will be running about a bit in the next day or two. 😉

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Heresiarch – this link to our main site gives some things to consider if you are not seeing improvement:
    https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=education.display&display_id=131
    A lowering of a WBC suggests a flare – see this link to indications of flare, herx response etc:
    https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184#Anchor-The-51540

I am wondering whether it is worth consulting the DO in CT that Maz mentioned, perhaps to look for additional infections that may need treating and that the mino is not covering. Are you only on mino? If yes, that is quite unusual for a Lyme and co-infection protocol.

Additionally, Eva Holloway on this Forum may be a good person to suggest what has worked for her in her regime for Dermatomyocitis. I believe that LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) has been particularly effective. You may wish to send her a PM (Private Message) or she may chime in if she sees this post. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Heresiarch
    Participant

My mistake. It was Dr. S in CT who did the IV, I typed the wrong letter, sorry.

Dr. C ran an Igenex test which was negative, I think they may have tested for that.

I think the Mino can lower white count, so I am hoping it is that.

In addition to the Mino, I am taking Zoloft, LDN and Altace.

mlouise
    Participant

Just A note. I know I am late reading this post but I thought I would mention that I had Clindy IV treatment twice so far from Dr B in Philadelphia, PA. He is very easy going and will even send the IV stuff in the mail and let me have the treatments at my home. All I need to do is find someone who will stick the needle in. Since his office is three hours away and the turnpike tolls are $100 for a week of traveling back and forth, this will be much less stressful. If you are in NJ, NY, PA or DE he is a good choice. He has also had alot of experience treating for RA and SD and others. He worked with Dr. Brown during his medical training period. mlouise

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.