Home Forums General Discussion No change on Zithromax

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    246bride
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am on my second week of zithromax m/w/f 250mg per day. i am not feeling any difference, no better and no worse. I am in the middle of weaning my son and should be starting my minocycline in a couple of weeks, but wanted to get started with something in the meantime. My concern is if I am not seeing any change/reaction to Zithromax, does this not bode well for minocycline either? Ugh, I am really putting all my eggs in this antibiotic basket. Praying this is the answer for me! Would love to hear any similar situations of relevant outcomes.

Thanks!

hopefulmama
    Participant

Don’t lose hope….

I’ve done very well on doxycycline, but during the 4 weeks my AP rheumie switched me to zith, I lost all of the benefits and reverted to my original condition. (When I switched back to doxy, I did well again.) You may be dealing with a different infection which is susceptible to a tetracycline class antibiotic and not a macrolide. In my case we turned up Yersinia Enterocolitica, which is resistant to azithromycin. Most of us with mycoplasma have other infections as well… myco may not be the thing at the heart of your troubles.

Good luck and I hope you do as well with mino as I’ve done with doxy.

A

Valsmum
    Participant

I did not do well on zithromax. For my RA, I tried a strict diet that has brought me the most reflief in two years than anything I tried. Unfortunatley it is very stict, I eat chicken, turkey, non starchy veggies and non starchy fruit. I can’t eat dairy, grains, beef or nightshades, but my pain went from 9 to 3-4-5 very rapidly. I took mino and clindy over the course of a year and so that may have helped my situation. I am taking a break from abx right now, but I cannot deny abx help those with rheumatic diseases. I feel like I have my life back.
    Hope you feel better soon, I’m so sorry you have to go through this,it is so hard.
    Take care,Sheri

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.