Home Forums General Discussion newby……seeking assistance in finding help..

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    mike.parker
    Participant

thanks judy, did the mincycline make you feel dizzy…. I was given a fourteen day supply by my family doctor to clear up the mycoplasma pneumonia which I tested positive for…..I have taken it for two days and I am really dizzy, but otherwise I feel preety good and have noticed the redness in my hands going away…thanks again

judy cash
    Participant

Mike,
    Yes I did have dizziness, seems like just a few days, I can’t really remember. Did you read my other post, that I mentioned to you?
    Best Wishes,
    Judy

mike.parker
    Participant

Yes I did read the other post Judy…..but I have read so much in the last few days it is all running together….my dizziness is not as bad this am, but I feel so much better the dizziness is exceptable…..if it is like some of my other meds it will subside I suppose..

dcmilliman
    Participant

Mike

Welcome to the CLUB ! You are so fortunate to find such a knowledgable group ! My suggestion would be to slowly wean off Methotrexate ( easy, usually no side effects ) Also I would alternate minocycline to MWF only and let your gut rest on the weekends ( also take some type of probiotic on your OFF days ) I would suggest stop taking Vitamin D, I noticed an immediate help when I stopped taking vit D. When you wean off methotrexate stop taking folic acid , these 2 were not helpful in my treatments. Get plenty of rest, sunshine, spring water, fruits & vegetables and you will do fine ! Expect around 9 to 12 months to really start noticing REAL results ! Oh by the way FIRE your rheumy , you don’t need him any more 🙂

mike.parker
    Participant

All that was my plan…..especially firing the Rheumy and every other conventional prescribe a pill and call me in a month Doctor….I am absolutely amazed already at how my joints do not feel weak like they did a weak ago….and my hands don’t feel tender…..after reading alot of folks stories I have to say my symptoms have not been as bad as most folks on here….they were defintiely headed that way but were not quite there yet….dcmilliman…..how do I know when to start weaning myself off the methotrexate…..I don’t want to start to soon…….but honestly I feel the best that I have felt since before 2007….my mind is clear….my energy levels are amazing…..my joints feel strong….somtetimes I THINK ABOUT JUMPING UP AND KICKING MY HEELS together….I keep waiting for something to happen….the worse before better thing…….but thus far I feel great….still a little dizzy…..but otherwise great…and I must say to all of you…….THANK YOU….THANK YOU…THANK YOU….for all your hard work here and your dedication……I would not be feeling this way if it were not for you!!!!! I hope and Pray that God richly blesses all of you for your kindness….

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.