Home Forums General Discussion Newbie Hopes for Progress with AP

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rcarney80
    Participant

I guess I am not really replying as I have many questions being a new person to this board.
    I started on AP a month ago after my diagnosis. I just had repeat labs done today my RA factor is not back yet but my CRP and ESR are elevated, they are back to the baseline at the time of my diagnosis which was in April of this year.
    I am on Zithromax 500 mg daily along with multiple supplements. I within the last 2 weeks weaned off Prednisone of which the max dose I was ever on was 10mg daily. I tried methotrexate for one dose and was so sick my doctor stopped it. The Rheumatologist that I was see is totally against AP so I have stopped seeing her and letting the Integrative Medicine Doctor drive things for now.
    I have read the book and understand that this may happen just guess I want to hear from others experience.

I just really do not want to have to go back to the Rheumatologist and tell her she is right that AP does not work.

It is OK to say I need to be more patience as I know that is the right answer! 🙂

Hope to hear other stories to let me know I need to stay the course.
    Thanks

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi rcarney80 – yes patience IS the key. This is not a quick fix, rather a slow (sometimes even glacial) road to greater wellbeing and very often takes tweaking along the way as results are very individualised and, also, what works now may need to be re-adressed as you go.

Given that you have been on AP for a month, your worse lab results are very likely to be part of the herxheimer response. Sometimes blood work will worsen first, sometimes symptoms – both of which are caused by cell die-off. When I was first on AP, my RF went UP from 511 to nearly 700. 6 months later, it had halved to 350.

If you go back to your rheumie now, she will almost certainly tell you that AP is not working because rheumies do not generally have the understanding (or buy in) to the herx response and simply assume the condition is worsening. This is why we strongly advise new AP patients to read and become familiar with the Henry Scammell book The New Arthritis breakthrough to get an understanding of the mechanisim of this approach to treatment and to help people become the CEO in their disease and treatment plans, simply co-opting their doctors as consultants. There are many of us here who have fired Docs over the years, once we have developed some sound knowledge, understand our preferences in treatment approach and are able to sort the wheat from the chaff – particularly in terms of rigid bias. It’s hard enough fighting these diseases without having to fight our doctors also! 😀 😀

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

rcarney80
    Participant

Lynnie,
    Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Since the post I did get my RA factor back it was 189 now after a month of AP it is 67. My symptoms are much improved. Patience is needed to allow time for the inflammatory markers to go down.
    It is nice to have a place like this board to read and see how others are dealing with things. Lots can be learned. I did officially fire the Rheumatologist as she would never go for my way of treatment, I am very satisfied with my progress and feel in the end I will be a healthier person as I follow my Integrative Medicine Physicians plan of attack.

Thanks again!

Rena

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.