Home Forums General Discussion New to forum….seeking help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NancyB
    Participant

I

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the Roadback, and so sorry you had to seek us out! This is a great group of caring individuals, who share and support one another. It’s a really special place, and I’m sure you’ll have much to offer.

Sounds like you already know the lyme-ropes, and as you surmised, slow and pulsed AP therapy is contra-indicated when treating lyme-induced RA. Most here with lyme have had symptoms of RA and many other autoimmune diseases resolve or significantly improve with lyme treatment.

Tumeric or Curcumin is great for inflammation. I was having a lot of inflammation from costochondritis and started taking Tumeric and Omega 3 fish oil, and it resolved all the inflammation. I also love Metagenics Inflavanoid Intensive Care, which is a tumeric based supplement.

I can send you a list of AP doctors in your area – just let me know your state. Honestly, you probably won’t need an AP Rheumatologist since you are treating lyme/babesia. I started seeing an AP Rheumatologist before my lyme diagnosis, and continue under his care specifically because I have benefited greatly from IV Clindamycin, which he prescribes. Otherwise my ReA has improved greatly with lyme/babesia treatment.

As I’m sure you’re aware, prednisone is contra-indicated with lyme. However, there are many folks who require a low dose of prednisone to manage along with AP. You will have to discuss this with your LLMD, and see if there are alternatives to prednisone. Plaquenil is a drug used for RA, and is also an anti-malarial used to treat babesia. That might be worth considering.

Sorry you have had to go through so much – hopefully you will be back on the road to recovery soon….
    nancy

NancyB
    Participant

Nancy,
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I will check out the Metagenics product that you mentioned.

Diana sent me a list of AP docs and there are none in my immediate area, but as you said I will probably just stick with my LLMD and primary care doc for now.

I’m hoping that I am in the early stages of RA, since I just became symptomatic a couple of months ago. I wonder how quickly it progresses? Since I am in treatment now, I’m hopeful that it won’t have a chance to do too much damage.

Would still love to hear what others do as far as anti-inflammatories if anyone has more to add. As with Lyme, these things are probably very individual in terms of what works for certain people. Has anyone seen a big difference with diet?

We have used a FIR sauna at a local spa and was wondering if anyone here has tried it as a therapy?

Thanks,
    Nancy

Eileen
    Participant

Hi NancyB,

Good to see you here but sorry you need to be. You’ll find lots of support and tons of information.

After reading your post, I nearly had to pick up my jaw off the floor. Sounds nearly identical to me and my son. I’ve been doing the ‘Lyme dance’ off and on for nearly 11 yrs. — my son as well. Keep going and never give up!

It’s still very raw and painful for me to talk about my son here. If you’d like, please PM me.

Good wishes coming your way.

Eileen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.