Home Forums General Discussion New Medication

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    WAYNE HARGREAVES
    Participant

Hi,

Could some of you please help , i have been told by my dr at Breakspear to cut out sugar as much as possible,as i dont seem to have any Lactobacullus, ( think thats how its spelt) good bacteria in me.
    And she thinks i am getting flare ups because i have a leaky gut and so many food sensitivities, she has suggested some new meds and i havent been on some of them before, wondered what to expect.
    Here is what she is suggesting, what are they all for ?

Artemisia 4 a day, Mutaflor 1 a day,Ther-Biotic Factor 1, Glutamine powder 10mg a day, Doxycycline 100mg 1 a day for a week, then 2 a day for 3 weeks, then 3 a day for 3 months.

Look forward to any advice, many thanks.

Wayne.

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi Wayne,
    Leaky gut is a problem for a lot of us .. cutting out gluten & sugar was advised by my AP Dr. When on abx I believe we all need to keep up our probiotics, for instance I take a probiotic that is 500billion per teaspoonful 3 times a week (on my off abx days)

Artemisia

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

WAYNE HARGREAVES
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Thanks a lot for replying, nice and easy to understand, thank you.

Wayne

maz.aust
    Participant

Welcome ,,

Just remember if you do react ie a little diahorrea etc just reduce the amount of probiotics & just increase slowly.

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

WAYNE HARGREAVES
    Participant

Hi

Thanks a lot, will keep eye on it when i start them

Wayne

JOJO19551
    Participant

When I started taking antibiotics I stopped eating sugar. Sugar turns to yeast and can give you yeast infections. I have not had a dessert in over 3 years and when I need sugar in a recipe, I use honey. Never had a problem with any yeast and it does not take long to not miss sweets. Good luck, JoAnn

WAYNE HARGREAVES
    Participant

HI jojo,

Thanks for your reply, god ive been on antibiotics a long time and love sweet things with sugar in them, maybe thats why yeast is a problem now, think i am going to do my best to stop sugar or at least cut it right down.
    Didnt realise.

Wayne

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.