Home Forums General Discussion New Maryland Lyme Disease Bill Passed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Good news for Maryland, though a bit ironic that such laws need to be passed in the first place to protect its citizens.

http://natcaplyme.org/news/governor-signs-first-maryland-lyme-disease-bill/

Spiffy

Oh, my rheumy is so going to hate this. She pointed her finger at me and told me she had tested me for Lyme disease, and I did not have it. Even after showing her my Igenex results. But even though it has been made into a law, I am not sure how it is going to change everyday practice. Most doctors around here think that all their patients want all their symptoms to be Lyme related, so they quickly roll their eyes…like…yeah, I know…you think it is Lyme…it isn’t. It is like they have gone too much the other way. If you do get a positive test, they will say it is a false positive. Such as someone with chronic Lyme having more IGM bands rather than IGG…even though this is why they have chronic Lyme in the first place…most Maryland doctors absolutely want no part of it. It is like they do not want to admit we have a problem here. It is like Alice in Wonderland, but more like Spiffy in Lymeland. Ha! Ha! Ok. That’s enough ranting. Maz, I am glad to be made aware of this. At least now, patients can point their fingers right back!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Spiffy in Lymeland (haha!),

Sadly, many doctors are afraid of the controversy surrounding Lyme as so many doctors have been targeted for treating it beyond the current standard of care and they just don’t want to be implicated. There are reports of numerous docs having their licenses removed, such as one of the foremost LLMDs in MD quite recently. Why medical politics has taken precedence over individualized patient care is a mystery, but insurance companies just don’t want to pay for chronic illness, if they don’t have to, and Lyme researchers have vested interests to keep the monies flowing to them and getting their research published in prestigious journals, which just doesn’t happen if they don’t tow the party line.

VA passed a similar bill a few years ago, requiring docs to provide informed consent regarding the inadequacy of standard Lyme testing, basically having to tell patients that even if their test is negative, this doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t have the infection. When legislators have to protect patients from misinformation, it sure does say something.

Believe me, I’ve ranted loads over the years, so rant away. It was poor Lyme testing, in spite of two bullseye rashes that led directly to my severe, swift onset RA and a doctor refusing to treat my infection as he was relying on an ELISA test that is notoriously awful. Knowing what I know now, this is beyond comprehension, especially in Lyme-central.

Spiffy

And now they will say…I am required by law to tell you that even though your Lyme test was negative, you could still have Lyme.

But you don’t…and I am not treating you for it.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Maz
    Keymaster

Ha! You may well be right, but so hope not, spiffy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.