Home Forums General Discussion New Here Could Use Advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    darling787
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’ve been reading about AP over the past few months and have been eagerly awaiting the new website (looks great btw!). I am a 28 year old female living in nyc . Back in May I started to have intermittent severe joint paint which I originally attributed to running ( I was a long distance runner). I went to an orthopedist and all X-rays were normal but my blood test showed a high Anti-streptococcus (Aso) of 400 . Normal ranges for adults are less than 200. I was told by the orthopedist that I probably had strep within the last 6 months and not to worry.
    I hadn’t recalled even having a sore throat . I also thought it was odd that these pains all started after I had my first root canals (3 total).

Over the next few months my symptoms worsened . Fatigue , extreme muscle pain, low grade fever , and reoccurrent white sores all over my tonsils. I’ve been to ENTs, infectious disease docs ,cardiologist rheumatologists , etc. Everything is normal except this aso titer and symptoms ..the muscle aches are by far the worst!

When I first started getting the white sores on my throat they agree to put me on antibiotics .. I feel better on the antibiotics for a few days , my throat clears up, but then the fatigue muscle pains come back. Over the past 3 months I’ve been on 8 different antibiotics but nothing is eradicating this infection.

About 2 weeks ago I got my root canals teeth removed as my alternative doc recommended I tackle this first. Initially I went to a biological dentist who didn’t know what he was doing ( for those of you familiar with the huggins protocol he did not follow correctly). After the extraction my symptoms worsened dramatically. It literally felt like I had muscle ticks all over my body, high fever, white sores on tonsils, etc. Luckily I found a contact at a leading biological dentist organization in Maryland and went there right away to get fixed ( they cleaned out the infection, treated with ozone, etc). It’s been about 2 weeks and I have noticed some improvement in my symptoms (no more throat infections). I have more windows then I used to but I am not close to feeling like my old self.

My current symptoms are : on and off low grade fever, muscle aches ( usually in calves & feet but migrates), purple circles under eyes, high blood pressure. Ideally I’d like to find a doctor who can help solve my mystery illness and perhaps put me on an AP protocol but who is also lyme literate. Though I’ve been tested for lyme I don’t know if I can definitively rule it out yet.

My current regimen includes: Collidal silver, oil of oregano, chlorella, garlic, b12, D, C, k2, magnesium, turmeric AND peroxide baths & acupuncture.

I would love some input from the test of the group. Are there any other herbs I should consider taking? Is there a doc in the NYC area that will assess me for both lyme and if that ends up being negative treat me using AP? Are there any other treatments I should consider? Could root canals alone make me this sick this quickly? Thank you so much!

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi darling787

Sounds like you do need to see a good Doctor. Am not sure I understand what you mean by ‘not ruling Lyme Disease out’, given that you say you have been tested. What did your tests results show and which lab did them (can make a big difference)?

An LLMD and an AP Doc will have a different approach depending on what they determine you are dealing with. Road Back Foundation can send you lists of AP Doctors and LLMD’s in your area and wider geographically depending on your willingness to travel. If you’d like to request either or both sorts of listing, please refer to the content page for how to do this.

https://www.roadback.org/contact/

I think others may will have a view/experience to share with you on root canals being implicated in various forms of arthritis. You may also want to use the search box above right and type in such terms as ‘root canal’ ‘infected root canal’ “strep’ etc etc. Past discussions using those terms will come up for you to look through. Strep and a history of strep is very indicated in rheumatic disease. This is mentioned in the Pulsed Protocol which is based on Brown’s treatment approach. You can read about this in the Pulsed Protocol in the Resources Section of the site. Link to the part of the protocol that mentions focal infections is below:

Focal Infections
    It is imperative patients be examined for other sources of antigen in intra-vascular or extra-vascular fluids in various intercellular sites, or, more grossly, in various cysts, fibrotic cavities and other remote area (sinuses-allergies, genito-urinary tract, gut, pelvic area, digestive tract, teeth, etc.). Each of these different locations for the antigenic source creates a new set of variables but the primary problem – bringing the anti-infectious drug into direct contact with the microorganism – is common to all.

Focal infections are known to activate arthritis. It is possible that tissue invisible L-forms left in the wake of an infection, can perpetrate the inflammatory reaction through continued antigen releases rather than microbial invasion. The infectious tie-in becomes progressively more tenable when bacterial variants (frequently streptococcus, L-forms) derived from focal infections are found. Anti-streptococcal antibodies cross react with mycoplasma protein (heart myosin, tropomysin and mycoplasmal adhesions). These variants must be treated often simultaneously with the original mycoplasma infection, but using a different antibiotic to achieve effectiveness.

If the patient has an elevated ASO titre and/or strong history of streptococcal infection, ampicillin, 250 mg. is prescribed to be taken once daily (preferably in the evenings and not at the same time as the tetracycline). This is continued until the ASO titre becomes normal after which the patients is monitored for recurrence.

https://www.roadback.org/resources/recommended-reading-viewing/pulsed-antibiotic-protocol-and-rationale/#disease

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi darling787,

Glad to see you made it onto the discussion forum! ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.