Home Forums General Discussion New book out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

FYI: There is a new book out, Treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease, 51 case reports and essays in their regard, by Dr. Burton A. Waisbren, Sr. My neighbor sees him–he practices in Milwaukee, WI.

http://www.lymediseaseresource.com/wordpress/chronic-lyme-disease-validated-by-founding-member-of-idsa/

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Trudi,

This doctor is a founding member of the IDSA, which is unbelievable! I haven’t read the book, but he gives credibility to lyme, in an environment that will not recognize lyme as a chronic disease.

It gives us hope to see someone with his credentials and background validate lyme, in a community that does not recognize the long-term effects 😉 .

nancy

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Nancy–
    He kind of reminds me of a Dr. J who is still practicing while in his 80’s to benefit the kids he sees. According to my neighbor, he is around 87 years old and also wants to continue helping patients. He has a lot of accumulated knowledge. I plan on reading my neighbor’s copy when she is done with it.
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Todd WI
    Participant

I just got a copy of this book. The doctor’s perspective is very interesting. There’s a lot of MS (16 of the 51 cases) and ALS in this book, not so much RA, but I think in one of the cases the individual had an RA diagnosis. He has successes, failures and cases where he just never saw the person again.

He obviously doesn’t use a low and slow approach. No pulsing here. He’s very aggressive in his treatments.

If you want a preview, three of the cases are located here: http://www.waisbrenclinic.com/chronic-lyme-disease-case-reports.html

Todd

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.