Home Forums General Discussion new board looks great…but search function isn’t working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mj47
    Participant

Hi Guys!!!!

The new forum looks awesome. Nice work! I’m so happy that everyone is back & thanks to Lynnie & all who maintained contact while the changes happened.
    I’ve been trying to conduct some searches & everytime I do, the results say that the word I’m searching for isn’t contained in any posts. Am I doing the search wrong somehow? Or, did we lose access to all previous posts?
    Thanks everyone!
    ~mj

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi MJ,

Nice to see you again!

As Kim mentioned in a previous post, there are still some working-in kinks that will need to be resolved. I’ve had the same issue with the search function and will mention this to the webmaster. One of our major concerns was that the post data-base from the old forum was preserved so we didn’t lose the wealth of information on the old forum. So, we definitely want the search function to work! ๐Ÿ˜‰

For now, at least, all members should now be able to access the forum, which is fantastic! I’m feeling a little rusty here and trying to learn all the new bells and whistles. We still need to figure out a way to distinguish volunteers from members, too, so new folk know who to engage for physician lists, etc. Hopefully, all these issues will be resolved as the webmaster gets to them…some will involve re-writing various codes that can be a bit tricky.

I’ve been catching up on PMs today, but if anyone has any trouble sending anything to me, it may be because my inbox is well over capacity in this new system. I need to spend some time deleting reams of old PMs to free up some space. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Cool emoticons! ๐Ÿ˜†

mj47
    Participant

Hi Maz! So good to hear/read/see you!
    I am loving that the board is back in full force. After watching my husband go through web design/programming issues himself, I can’t imagine what a tremendous task it must’ve been to change over. That’s why I mentioned the search glitch (I hadn’t seen Kim’s post yet)….there are always kinks that need to be worked out in computer stuff.
    Glad that everyone is back on board. Even though I don’t post very often, I def check in & keep tabs on all of you.
    You all rock! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.