Home Forums General Discussion Never Ending Headaches

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    jbower79
    Participant

Kseevers,
    What did they do for your daughter to get her jaw back into alignment? Abby has been to her orthodontist and he thought she may be having issues with TMJ, so he made her a mouthguard to wear. However, she said it made her headache worse so she stopped wearing it. Unfortunately, she was too sick to make it to her 1 week followup with him so I don’t know what his response would be to the headache getting worse. I wondered if it is TMJ if it has to get worse before it gets better with the mouthguard.

So many possible causes but no answers is very frustrating!

Thanks,
    Joyce

Eva Holloway
    Participant

please make sure Abby lays down flat for the first 24 hours. a couple of hours is not enough. I had a spinal tap and know that if you don’t follow it you can get really bad headaches and she doesn’t need to add to her pain. I stayed in the hospital for several days, but that was a long time ago.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

jbower79
    Participant

Eva,
    You are so right. While Abby did lay down Friday after the spinal tap, it was not completely flat. She has had the spinal tap headache now since yesterday when she got up. I know they won’t do any special procedure on a weekend, but she wants me to take her in so they can do the blood epideral to seal the puncture where fluid could be leaking out. She has been flat on her back since yesterday evening. The headache used to get better laying down, but now she says it hurts all the time.

Of course, the headache could also be the headache she had before the spinal tap, but it definitely gets worse when she sits up at all.

Ugggh!

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.