Home Forums General Discussion Neuropathy from Lyme?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cjwalker
    Participant

Any one experience peripheral polyneuropathy from Lyme? I tested positive for Lyme disease 3 years ago but likely had the infection for several years before diagnosis. I was treated for the Lyme infection for 3 weeks but have continued worsening Neuropathy and weakness in legs and hands. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi CJ;
    Yes and I remember it all too well.It was mostly in my face and felt like someone was stabbing me in the eye socket and every tooth felt like it had an infection.It eventually went away.My treatment lasted over 3 years and involved 6 antibiotics and 2 herbals.Long standing Lyme is terribly hard to get rid of.

Luck20
    Participant

I’ve read many accounts on fb lyme groups of people with neuropathy. I get the impression it’s quite common on the list. Is 3 weeks enough treatment? Maybe not, like lynne said above, multiple antibiotics are often used and some llmd use them with herbs as well. On Facebook, the lyme groups discuss different treatment strategies for lyme and confections. I think you might find plenty of valuable info there if a llmd isn’t in the budget right now.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi CJ,

The following article was published in 1990, by rheumatologist, Alan Steere MD, the original doctor who was called in by the CT health department to investigate a cluster of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in Lyme, CT. So, it’s been acknowledged for decades that Lyme can remain latent in the body for years and reactivate down the road, causing numerous chronic health problems, including neurological ones. Some LLMDs believe that neurotoxicity from Borrelia neurotoxins causing inflammation are what cause the neuro issues and recommend detoxification strategies while treating the infection(s). Glutathione, Vitamin C, milk thistle, ALA, N-AC, and other such supps can help… but it’s just one piece of a grand puzzle.

Lyme disease can remain dormant for years

I hope you find the help you need to find wellness again. Some celebrities (Justin Bieber, Avril Lavigne, Shania Twain, Yolanda Foster, etc) have done much to raise awareness of the devastating effects of Lyme disease, but there are equally-bad associated co-infections passed by ticks, nature’s dirty needles, like bartonella that can cause horrid neuro and rheumatic issues. Other tickborne infections include ones such as babesiosis, Mycoplasmas, anaplasmosis, various rickettsial infections and serious life-threatening viruses that are equally devastating, because ticks can pass multiple infections at once. So, getting help from an experienced doc can make a huge difference in symptoms, though it can take as long as one has been ill to reverse course.

PhilC
    Participant

Is 3 weeks enough treatment?

Definitely not.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.