Home Forums General Discussion Nervous to start protocol

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Blackwolf
    Participant

Kat1

Sorry I have not been back with you I have been out of town. I am excited for you about going to Fr. Franco in Calif. He and Dr. llande are absolutely wonderful you are in for a great experience. Don't be nervous you will walk away feeling excited and hopeful. You will see Dr. L your first day and Dr. F the second day. Dr. L will take all your history and examine you from head to toe….he pretty much defines your diagnosis & some bloodwork if needed. Also they did a battery of xrays from head to toe pretty much just to get an idea how everything is shaping up. The second day you will meet with Dr. Franco and he examines you from head to toe and then discusses your xrays and the game plan for your diagnosis. He put me on several nutrients and instead of clindamycin IVs  something called Immune Balance….this really boost your immune system to work in conjunction with minocin…to really make it work efficently. I have been on all this for about one month. I am noticing I do have alot of energy yes, I am still hurting but that is too be expected…as Dr. F explains this is not for sissy's it takes awhile…I think all of us on the protocol understand that. Anyway, I walked out of there with excitement and hope that I haven't really felt in all these years. I have had RA for 11 yrs. and I feel we have a great Dr. for this antibiotic protocol. IF you want to call me feel free to do so. I will be happy to give you any details or information & get you pumped up for your visit. I go back in April…… Hope this helps. Andrea

Kat1
    Participant

Hi Andrea,

I hope you enjoyed your trip out of town and thank you for the feedback.  I too am seeing Dr.F. in April I will be there on the 20th and 21st.  I am glad to hear you walked away hopeful that is always a help on the road to recovery, I really do believe the mind can be a powerful tool.  It is nice to hear you are feeling more energetic and I hope the pains will start to diminish soon as well.  I would love to speak with you in detail about your experience with Dr.F. and appreciate your offering to talk with me.   Please let me know the best way to contact you and when it would be a good time.  Just out of curiousity have you just started the AP protocol or were you doing it prior to your visit with Dr.F?  Hope to speak with you soon.

Kat

Blackwolf
    Participant

Kat I would be more than happy to talk to you….. my number is 505 286 7655.

I think you are going to walk away excited also. I started the minocin back last year but didn't take it regularly and was basically trying to treat myself so to speak. Now I am on a regement  MWF 100 mg. twice a day I am taking name brand minocin…which Dr. F will advise. I see him middle  of April so we will barely miss one another. Again just get yourself ready for a  very uplifting experience. These doctors come highly recommended….after going I understand why. Before I went to Dr. F and Dr. L I was taking like six to eight advil a day… Now I am taking mostly tylenol because he put me on some natural  anti-inflammatories. I have gone the other route with heavy duty meds…..they are just not for me. Anyway, these doctors are so very knowledgeable about this protocol……you will be impressed. Call me this weekend…you are most likely to catch me mid day because I am usually outdoors. Thanks look forward to talking with you.  Have a great weekend. Andrea

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi Andrea

They sound  really good Ap docs. Can you tell me what the actual immune booster is and also the natural anti inflammatories and the Tylenol. I too don't like conventional drugs and am looking for other ways. I hope you don't mind!

Thanks

Rosemary

Blackwolf
    Participant

Hi Rosemary…. The natural anti inflammatory  nutrients I am being given is called  Inflavonoid  intensive care…it has boswellia,ginger, cayenne pepper fruit, lemon biflavinoid complex etc…. it has helped me wean off of so much advil which will really tear your stomach up and can be dangerous. He has me on a high dose of vit D, CoQ10 and high grade fish oil capsules…and of course probiotics. I have had serious side effects from both plaquenil and methotrexate. Most people do wonderfully on these…..I did not. Years ago I made the decision to no longer take such toxic drugs….frankly they terrify me..the side effects are worse than RA symptoms. Anyway, the Immune Balance is made by Avemar….google this and read about all the studies. Their have been several studies about its effect on the immune system….pretty darn impressive. You mix this powder with cold water and  thats it. They tell me after three months is when you really start noticing the effect of this nutrient. I am definitely noticing my energy level. I am an athelete and I am pretty well tuned into my body and energy level. I am very excited about this Dr. and his path of treatment. By the way Tylenol does not work as an  anti inflammatory but is helps with pain. It won't hurt your stomach like the other nsaids. Anyway, let me know after you read about this Avemar….I think you will be thoroughly impressed. Good luck and take care. Andrea

Rosey UK
    Participant

Thanks Andrea

I googled them Avemar immune balanceand they sound really good however they're not available here tipical. I would have to search for a good one here but I dought would be as good.

many thanks for all the info.

Rosemary

daver
    Participant

You can Buy Inflavenoid intensive care on the web from Metagenics dealers

Blackwolf
    Participant

Thanks so much I will check it out!

Rosey UK
    Participant

Thank Dave

I will look those up. do you think they are very much the same?

Rosemary

patchoulee
    Participant

R[user=115]osey UK[/user] wrote:

Thanks Andrea

I googled them Avemar immune balanceand they sound really good however they're not available here tipical. I would have to search for a good one here but I dought would be as good.

Rosemary

Rosey, Not sure if this is the same thing Andrea is talking about but this site ships it to the Uk it's REALLY expensive but they ship to the UK

http://www.rejuvenation-science.com/avemar.html

A Friend
    Participant

Kat1,

I believe you have chosen very wisely in your choice of Dr. F.  I've haunted his web site a few times, and is one of the few places where I've found the excellent information I found on his.  Have you seen the charts on specific  organisms and the type problems they can cause?  After you click on this link, just scroll down a bit.

http://www.thearthritiscenter.com/arthritis_info.htm

My own chronic illness began one morning, and for the following two years, I was sick every 6 to 8 weeks and prescribed RX abx … without ever being recommended to take probiotics, nor did I know about them.  Apparently I was one of those predisposed to developing serious problems with this — though I never had the usual telltale signs of candida, etc.  to alert me to problems in this area.  Not a clue!  But the chronic fatigue over this two-year time and the repeated illnesses were brutal, and at the end of the two years, I was a lifeless vegetable.  I KNEW I had to find another way.   An “earth angel” took me under her wing, and had me read Dr. William Crook's book, and then being very diligent, I started using his protocols and could see things turning around almost immediately. 

Of course, after being that ill, beginning to turn around the systemic overgrowth was not the whole story, because lots of things in my body apparently needed help to function properly besides this problem. 

Fortunately, I keep learning new things constantly that are helping me get better.  By the time I'm a 100, I just may have it all figured out!!! 

AF ~ 😛 

Rosey UK
    Participant

[user=310]patchoulee[/user] wrote:

R[user=115]osey UK[/user] wrote:

Thanks Andrea

Rosemary

Rosey, Not sure if this is the same thing Andrea is talking about but this site ships it to the Uk it's REALLY expensive but they ship to the UK

http://www.rejuvenation-science.com/avemar.html

Thank you so much  !:roll-laugh:

Laura P
    Participant

I was nervous about starting AP too. The rheumatolgist try and scare the heck out of you if you bring AP up as an option. I almost did not start it because they told me things will get much worse if I go that route. It was the best thing I could have done. Although I still have trouble, I feel much better and am starting to see very positive results. I am going back to Iowa to see Dr.S in April for another treatment. This has to be your decision, but everyone on this bullentin board is behind you! Good luck!

Kat1
    Participant

Thank you for the info, I have seen that Dr.F deals with many different invaders to the body, which keeps me hopeful.  I am sorry to hear you have systemic candida have you ever taken any Diflucan or something of that nature to address the problem?  I have read that when taking the AP if you have a problem with the yeast it is a good idea to take an antifungal along with the antibiotics and probiotics.  I hope it will not take you until your 100 to figure it all out but I know how you feel it is a very long journey.

Kat1
    Participant

Good luck on your next trip, it is so great to hear that you are seeing improvement.  Thanks for the support Be well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘ Nervous to start protocol’ is closed to new replies.