Home Forums General Discussion Need to go down the Road again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pilgrimage
    Participant

Hello all, it’s been a LONG time, I have been here before and received a Great deal of Help and Valuable information from the RBF and Many Many others here on this board. When I was here in fall of 2005 spring of 2006 I was in Terrible shape with a Rheumatoid Factor of 1710, could barely walk,hold a cup of Coffee, or turn a doorknob…With the Help of ya’ll way back then and good eating habits + converting my Dr to helping with AP, I recovered, I thrived, was able to swing my Framing Hammer without Pain and finish building Our House!! My Dr even told me I was in Remission when my Rheumatoid factor went down into the 80s, I told her it was Controlled Remission. That was a little over three years ago, things have changed, life has gone on and well i’m in Very bad shape AGAIN!! I Need Help Again, the Mino is not working this time??
    Thank’s for STILL being here!!

Pilgrimage

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Pilgrimage
    Sorry to hear you are not doing so well now.

What you didn’t make clear is whether you stopped taking the mino for a period of time and have re-started or whether you have been taking the mino all along and it’s stopped working so well. They are different situations and would require different perspectives as to what you might need to consider.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Spiffy

Be sure to test for the MTHFR mutations and make sure your methylation pathways are up and running. Get IGG food allergy tested. Test your magnesium. Test for Lyme. Bless you!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Pilgrimage
    Participant

Hello Lynnie, After I was told I was in “Remission” I went on a maintenance dose, 100mg Monday,Wednesday and Friday, All was going very well, until I had Teeth pulled in the winter of 2013, I then had a Flare up that lasted 3-4 months, since then it seems that the RA has been gaining ground on me.. I restarted a normal dose of Mino 100mgs daily, the disease seems different this time, but somehow the same.
    Right now I am on Clindamycin 300mgs x 2 times a day, doing Lemons Detoxing, taking Milk Thistle,Probiotic(PB8) I am trying to do all the things I did last time, I was at the Dr’s on Thursday of last week, having blood drawn to run the regular tests, I have not heard back from Dr’s office. I had ask my Dr about MTX and Prednisone, as I am getting damage to my hands and other parts of my body.
    Thank’s Much

Pilgrimage

Pilgrimage
    Participant

@Spiffy wrote:

Be sure to test for the MTHFR mutations and make sure your methylation pathways are up and running. Get IGG food allergy tested. Test your magnesium. Test for Lyme. Bless you!

Hello Spiffy, I will be testing everything I can think of, Thank’s for the suggestions, I have always wondered about Lyme disease, We live in the Ozarks of Northern Arkansas and get bitten by Ticks usually every year.
    Thank’s again Spiffy

Pilgrimage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.