Home Forums General Discussion need suggestions for antibotic protocal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wildschild
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I have been on Minocycline 100mg Mon, Wed, Fri and Azithromycin 250 mg Tues and Friday since September. I also take 10 mg of predisone and have recently added Diclofenac 75 mg (anti inflammatory) trying to control my inflammation. I also take vitamin b 12, vitamin D, fish oil tabs, folic acid and iron (I don’t take the iron with the antibotics though). I have had RA for 27 years. I know it can take up to a year to see results from the protocal and I am trying to hold out but I still have major inflammation going on and I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on changes I might need to make or anything I can do to quiet my inflammation. I have seen some improvement from the very beginning but I have a long way to go.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Nancy

Maz
    Keymaster

@wildschild wrote:

I have had RA for 27 years. I know it can take up to a year to see results from the protocal and I am trying to hold out but I still have major inflammation going on and I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on changes I might need to make or anything I can do to quiet my inflammation. I have seen some improvement from the very beginning but I have a long way to go.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Sorry for the quick response, but running here….in longstanding cases of RA, Dr. Brown used IV clindamycin as well to boost the therapy. Are you seeing an AP doc who could help you with this? Dr. Brown often said it could take 2 to 5 years to bring RA to remission.

In the Winter 2009 eBulletin, you’ll find the remission corner story of Adrienne Purcell from longstanding RA. She was a patient of Dr. Browns and she shares how she got her disease into remission:

https://www.roadback.org/emailblasts/ebulletin_winter09.html

Hope this helps!

wildschild
    Participant

thank you maz! I will talk to my doctor about this. My doctor is new to ap as well. I hate getting IV’s cuz they can never find my vein but I just need to buck up…heehee
    Nancy

maz.aust
    Participant

Just wanted you to know some of us do ‘watch our diets’ & cut out mainly dairy, sugar & be careful of nightshade vegetables (ie potatoes, capsicum, tomatoes etc) — there can be a remarkable change if you manage to watch out for these things,

Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.