Home Forums General Discussion Need some advice

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Parisa
    Participant

My husband made noticeable improvement on Flagyl.  Not the slowly going in the right direction kind but the next day improvement kind. 

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=13]Parisa[/user] wrote:

My husband made noticeable improvement on Flagyl.  Not the slowly going in the right direction kind but the next day improvement kind.

Now…that's what I'm talking about!  I'm loving the Flagyl!  :roll-laugh:  I'm thinking that it's the one for my mom.  Even Dr. S. on the chat is a huge Flagyl man…After we get home from STL from Thanksgiving, I'm on the Flagyl pursuit!

Still no answer from either Dr. S. yet…:(  After TG it's phone time.  God bless everyone and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for all of you!!!

Michelle

Lakes
    Participant

Kim wrote: Only by dumb luck did I figure it out and sought out help from an excellent LLMD that assured me that treating the Lyme would take care of the SD and he was right. 

Hi Kim! I'm so glad you found a good Lyme doctor and may be asking you for his name at some point! If my results from Igenex come back positive I would like to find one with SD experience. (In light of my symptoms I've been advised to see a Lyme doctor with our without positive results, but one thing at a time.)

What did your doctor mean by “treating the Lyme would take care of the SD?” Did he mean that the antibiotic to treat the Lyme would be effective against the mycoplasma, or that treating the Lyme would ensure the success of your existing antibiotic for SD? It seems most Lyme/SDers (and you) were on a combination of antibiotics. In your case was your Lyme doctor the one that prescribed that combo or did you have your docs working together on it? 

Thanks, as always, for sharing your great experience with us.

nspiker
    Participant

Parisa wrote,

My husband made noticeable improvement on Flagyl. Not the slowly going in the right direction kind but the next day improvement kind.

Now you have my attention!!! 

Kim
    Participant

[user=1613]Lakes[/user] wrote:

Kim wrote: Only by dumb luck did I figure it out and sought out help from an excellent LLMD that assured me that treating the Lyme would take care of the SD and he was right. 

Hi Kim! I'm so glad you found a good Lyme doctor and may be asking you for his name at some point! If my results from Igenex come back positive I would like to find one with SD experience. (In light of my symptoms I've been advised to see a Lyme doctor with our without positive results, but one thing at a time.)

What did your doctor mean by “treating the Lyme would take care of the SD?” Did he mean that the antibiotic to treat the Lyme would be effective against the mycoplasma, or that treating the Lyme would ensure the success of your existing antibiotic for SD? It seems most Lyme/SDers (and you) were on a combination of antibiotics. In your case was your Lyme doctor the one that prescribed that combo or did you have your docs working together on it? 

Thanks, as always, for sharing your great experience with us.  

Hey Lakes,

I was well into AP treatment for my SD and RA before I knew I had Lyme and saw marked improvements with Mino, Clindy, and Zith, but hit a plateau and was still sick.  By this time, I'd had over 20 tick bites in 5 years and knew I had Lyme too and insisted on testing.  Once I got the results of my Igenex test I traveled to an excellent LLMD who said that in all probability the Lyme came first and caused all the other auto-immune conditions.  Once I started on the Lyme protocol (which includes Mino, Clindy and Zith) plus many other antibiotics, I started getting even better and my SD was once again improving.

Once I was sure I was on the right track there was no reason to see an AP doc plus a Lyme doc.  The LLMD had it all covered.  He was the one that started looking for other imbalances that needed to be corrected in order to get well; such as hormones, thyroid, leaky gut, food allergies, heavy metals, etc.   I realized I better do all I could to boost my immune system which must be working because I've been off all abx now for 9 months and haven't relapsed. 

I can't say enough about using an infrared sauna for SD for improving circulation, thinning blood and detoxing.  Your body naturally creates a fever to fight infection and that's what the sauna does too.  My only regret is not buying one sooner in my treatment.  It's worth having one of your own because you have to use it a lot and retrain your body to sweat again.  This is TMI, but I quit using anti-perspirants and replaced with deodorant from the health food store.  We are supposed to sweat!  Enzymes have also played a crucial role in helping thin my dangerously thick sticky blood, and aid in absorption of nutrients.  I take Neprinol and/or Rechts-Regulat on an empty stomach and Creon (prescription) with meals.  There's no getting around it ~ you have to eat well and exercise………..darn it! :doh:

Hope this helps…….kim

Lakes
    Participant

Thanks Kim, that is a huge help! I chose one of the “basic” Igenex Lyme tests ($260) that covered bands 88 and 89. I guess depending on the results I'll need further testing – that's when I'll have to pick your brain some more!! Thanks again!!!  

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1613]Lakes[/user] wrote:

I chose one of the “basic” Igenex Lyme tests ($260) that covered bands 88 and 89.

Hi Lakes,

Just checking, but do you mean “test numbers” 188 and 189 on the IGeneX Lyme tests? The “bands” are the actual antibody blots on the tests (these do not include any numbered bands for 88 and 89).

I think you must mean the test test code numbers for the Western Blot IgM and IgG, though?  😉 

Here is a link that should help you to interpret your results when they come back, which includes explanations of all the antibody bands. The doc who wrote this, Dr C, is Kim's LLMD:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

Peace, Maz

Lakes
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I don't have the Igenex literature in front of me, but I think you're right – tests 188 and 189. Sometimes I'm typing late at night…  

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ Need some advice’ is closed to new replies.