Home Forums General Discussion Need new rheumatologist.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

guys still having a dreadful time since my wonderful rheumy left
    for Qld. Not sure if he is still working or not I did not ask.
    Have been through several.
    The last Road Back Doctor, recommended has just told me
    the information – Western blot, Darkfield Live Blood test.
    and recent saliva and hair analysis was not acceptable to him
    All blood tests done here have been false negative always. That
    is why I went to the States in the first place. Did not show up
    in the Elisa over there either.
    What ever do you suggest I do, at wits end. Without It I cannot continue
    my antibiotic treatment which is pretty full on, also the pain medication.
    Without it I cannot keep anything down. Is there any other test you can do?

I know it sounds as though I don’t have Lyme, after the way last rheumatologist carried on
    at least that is what he was suggesting or trying to, due to the fact that the Dr. in the States
    who gave the diagnosis was not a rheumatologist. That was what annoyed him more than anything. Really think he just did not want to treat me & kept coming up with an excuse each time, so have moved on. trying to get someone not too far away.
    The Western Blot always has an out on the bottom anyway. The Darkfield which is supposed to be
    one of the best was positive also, the only test in Aust positive, also had the round rash and sore knee, being chronically ill,then
    and for years after before diagnosis. Do have a low immune system so I imagine that is the reason why.
    Has anyone else had this problem when they needed meds and pain relief with false neg. results for Lyme?
    You just cannot win over here. They don’t seem to know what a false positive blood test is. The pain is terrible. The are all being
    so dreadfully difficult.
    Seems everything has to be black and white. Certainly must not say you caught it here, or else.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Rosemary,

I don’t have a lot of info on the LLMDs in Australia. They are few and far between down under and this is cold comfort, but you’re not alone:

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/backgroundbriefing/2013-05-12/4675072

You’ve been around for many years here and guessing you must already have a listing of all the potential AP docs in western Aus…but there are a couple docs mentioned in the article above who treat Lyme in Aus, but may require travel and likely they are not rheumatologists.

Here is a listing of Australian Lyme Advocacy groups and blogs that may be able to provide you with info on any newer Lyme doc listings. If you find any, would be grateful to hear so we can add for others in your neck of the woods. RBF doc lists are only as current as the feedback we receive from patients, because they are peer-maintained by volunteers and we add info as we receive it from those who find new docs.

http://www.lymeaustralia.com/australian-websites-blogs-support-groups.html

Also, you could try requesting LLMD lists for Australia from the following US-based Lyme Literate groups who maintain doctor lists, too – see FAQ #36 for links to these groups:

https://www.roadback.org/faqs/?faq-category=36

Best of luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.