Home Forums General Discussion Need help convincing Doctor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Taco
    Participant

Just received second rejection from wifes general practitioner, first was rheumatologist. Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach doctors about switching to A/P treatments. I have never been really good at charming people. Lol. So this is really tuff for me. Even harder dealing with people with a closed mind.

richie
    Participant

HI I think you are beating a dead horse –would suggest you post a request for an AP friendly doctor in your area —
    Richie

Taco
    Participant

Just reread my last post. I guess I left out some important details. I have an appointment to see DR. S in Iowa the end of month. He said I would need a local DR. to help with treatments due to the distance. I live in florida. I have one more Dr. I will try however he is an ear nose and throat man. This Is an older DR. who believes in antibiotics. Just wondering if anyone had any advice on what to say or point out.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

I have a suggestion. Download the PDF file found on this page and give a printed copy of it to your doctor:
    Use of Minocycline for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

JoAnnC68
    Participant

Taco…
    I asked the same question when I came here in 2012…
    The below link was recommended by Maz. I printed it out and handed it to my Dr. I didn’t have a problem getting a prescription. (He did tell me not to get my hopes up to high!) 😉
    I had excellent results from taking Minocycline!!! As per Dr. S…I still take it today, I certainly have no desire to go back down that bumpy road.
    Good Luck!!
    Jo Ann

http://www.rheumatology.org/Practice/Clinical/Patients/Medications/Minocycline_(Minocin)/

Diagnosed with RA Jan 2012
    Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    Oct 2013-RF has dropped to 40.9!!! Feeling Wonderful!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.