Home Forums General Discussion Need AP Doctor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MRedmondRA
    Participant

I have recently moved to Memphis, TN and am in need of an AP doctor in this area. I have had RA and have been doing the AP since 2004 but am having some problems since the move. Any recommendations?

Maz
    Keymaster

@MRedmondRA wrote:

I have recently moved to Memphis, TN and am in need of an AP doctor in this area. I have had RA and have been doing the AP since 2004 but am having some problems since the move. Any recommendations?

Hi MRedmondRA,

Welcome! 🙂

I’ll send you a PM (private message) with AP doc contact info for TN. To retrieve your PM, just click beside your User Control Panel above where it will say (1 new message).

Often, around the 5 year mark, it’s suggested that patients do a little tweaking of abx for a brief period. See #10 at following link on main site:

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/131.html

Sometimes something small can be affecting response to treatment, too, like a change in generic, a period of stress inducing a flare or an undiagnosed coinfection that might require the addition of a second abx. Some people do well by adding IV clindamycin. There is the story of Carol Lange in the Henry Scammell book who experienced a flare after doing well for a long period of time and Brown suggested that she do a round of IV clindamycin.

Hopefully, the link above will provide some ideas for you to discuss with a new doctor and hope it won’t be too long until you’re straightened out again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.