Home Forums General Discussion N-Acetyl Glucosamine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mj47
    Participant

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has information regarding the dosage to take of N-Acetyl Glucosamine (NAG), for autoimmune issues.
    I can’t seem to find what dosage to try for an adult male.
    Links, articles, personal experiences are all welcome.
    Thanks so much in advance!
    mj

cavalier
    Participant

Am not a male but i take 2,000 mg’s daily – a 20 lb dog can take 500 to 1,000 mg’s safely long term I say this for a comparison basis in weights – I have taken this for a few yr’s & it does help a little can tell if I miss let’s put it that way – not a cure but you take what you can get – & I have to hope it slows down the SD a little maybe.

best – Jill

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

This gives some info and recommended daily allowances if you scroll down the page
    http://www.glyconutritionforlife.org/Science_of_Glyconutrients/N-acetylglucosamine_(GlaNAc).php

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

mj47
    Participant

Thanks for your input Cavalier! I’m curious how you found out about NAC & what your sources are for your dosing. I’m glad to hear that it helps you (even if it’s just a little).

Lynnie thanks for the link! 🙂
    For anyone who has trouble with the link, just be sure to add this after the address in your browser: ).php

Randy
    Participant

Jill, et al,

Be careful! NAC is not NAG.

I do take NAC, as do a number of others. However, Glucosamine is not recommended for SD because of it’s collogen-promoting “benefits”. By the way, I just received that same guidance from Dr. F. last week.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

cavalier
    Participant

Randy – MANY thanks for this – I take NAC AND Glucosomine Chondrotin. The 1st is for my lungs. The 2nd has helped the aches & pains & joints a little – is this what you are refering too in making the SD worse ? I certainly dont need anything that may help raise collagen production. I have been afraid to take Vit. C or hyalronic acid for fear of collagen production even though Vit C certainly has it’s benefits I just am not sure how the body handles things when the immune is confused by bacteria causing the disarray.

Jill

cavalier
    Participant

Am a bit confused now we are taking about Glucosamine or are we talking about NAC – 2 different things. I was refering to Glucosamine this link is one that tells of standard doses – for glucosamine -http://www.jointsupplementsreviewed.com/joint-supplement-reviews/deva-vegan-glucosamine-msm-cmo-review/ The dosages I mention for a 20 lb dog are on the product my dogs (Cavaliers) take Longevity by Springreen – some other products go up to 1,500 for canines.

I feel it has helped my joints a little but am now concerned due to SD with Randy’s comment as I dont want or need more collagen being made. Best – Jill

Randy
    Participant

Hi Jill,

Yes, this is the correct understanding. I used to take Glucosamine Sulfate for my osteoarthritis…..but NOT anymore due to SD.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

cavalier
    Participant

Wow !! OK – will drop that one Randy ! MANY thanks !!! Jill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.