Home Forums General Discussion Mycoplasma

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by may8.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

I just found out my Mycoplasma level is high for the pneumonia one. The upper limit for normal is .32. Mine is .57. I have not been able to speak with doc yet. Do you think this could be enough to cause some of my ra symptoms? I was actually glad to see something concrete I can work on. Minocin is good for this as much as I can tell. My ra factor fell 3 points to 50 down from 53 and my ANA went negative. Hurray! It will be interesting to see if my Ana stays negative on Minocin. I also was able to take it with lots of water this morning on an empty stomach! I love you, Road Back People!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Maz
    Keymaster

@Spiffy wrote:

My ra factor fell 3 points to 50 down from 53 and my ANA went negative. Hurray!

That’s awesome news, Spiffy! 🙂 Try to keep in mind that these labs can and do wobble over time, so if you have one lab result that moves back up, try not to panic. For some folks, as they improve, the labs will worsen and this can be because immune complexes (bound antigen-antibody complexes) are breaking up and the immune system is just better able to “see” the antibodies again. So, do what you can to keep your eyes trained on the long-term trend, rather than one moment in time in one lab report. Flares can and do still happen until sustained remission is reached, unless other immunosuppressive meds are being used to mask these, so if aware in advance of this potential, it’s not so devastating if a rough patch is encountered along the way. 😉 Hopefully, your rheumy will be supportive of your treatment choice and it will make your visit a little less stressful.

may8
    Participant

Happy for you, Spiffy. Thanks for sharing.

Minocycline HCL 200 mg daily
    Imuran 100 mg daily
    Adalat XL 20 mg daily
    Prevacid 30 mg
    Pilocarpine 5 mg
    Probiotic, multi vit, vit c, omega 3, d3, b12

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.