Home Forums General Discussion my story

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Parisa,

just got this e-mail, looks interesting

Eva

Hi,

There is a book called Dermatomyositis – Advances in Recognition, Understanding and Management put out this year by Lyubomir A. Dourmishev and Assen L. Dourmishev 2009 that is downloadable at this link:

http://clinical- e-medicine. blogspot. com/2009/ 03/dermatomyosit is-advances- in-recognition. html

Eva Holloway

Kim
    Participant

Eva,

I just read your story and honestly felt your pain and frustration.  BUT, this story is going to have a happy ending……….you're getting better.  Your tenacity is inspiring and will be helpful to many people that think nobody could be in the mess they're in.

Thank you so much for taking the time to put it together.

Hugs…….kim

p.s.  I know, I know, I know, I still have to write mine. 😉

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Kim, Lynnie, Maz,

remember me saying in my story that I felt that the Dermatomyositis was drug-induced. I got this link today in an e-mail from the Dermatomyositis group. I opend it up and there is the statement: Drug induced Dermatomyositis :angry:

Here is the link:

You can access this file at the URL:
    http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/dermatomyo sitissupport/ files/Dermatomyo sitis%20Part% 202.pdf

Eva

P.S. the thing is 169 pages long

Eva Holloway

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,

it is always interesting to read what comes through the other groups. As you know I also belong to the Dermatomyositis group and today they had more on interstitial pulmonary fibrosis or interstitial lung disease. The had this info out on: JO-1 antibody. kind of hard to get a lot of good info, but it states that this JO-1 is also related to DM. I am giving you just a small blurp.

Antibodies to the Jo-1 antigen (histidyl-tRNA synthetase1,2) are found in approximately 30% of adult patients with myositis (including polymyositis, dermatomyositis and overlap syndromes) and are particularly common (~60%) in patients with both myositis and interstitial lung disease.

Now that's interesting. There was a lot more info to it but that caught my attention.:dude:

Parisa,

this my also interest you for your husband.:?

Eva

Eva Holloway

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,

just got back from Dr. K and she told me if she did the test for proteus mirabilis I would have to get off the antibiotics for three months and she doesn't want to do this since I have started to progress a little.

I had a friend travel with me because a two hour stretch is boring by itself.

take care,

Eva

Eva Holloway

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ my story’ is closed to new replies.