Home Forums General Discussion My rheumatologist said yes!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Jeni,

You've been on my mind today.  I hope you are doing well. 

– – whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Jeni
    Participant

Hi whaleharbor!

I appreciate your thoughts! I am doing fine. I'm just waiting (impatiently!) for my mino from Canada! I can't wait to see if it works this time at a lower dose, and if the brand name stuff is better for my stomach. I'll post my “experiment” results and let everyone know if the brand name mino works better for me.

Thanks for thinking of me, I hope that you are well too.

Jeni

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Here are some of the things that I did because I had such awful stomach and vertigo issues from the Minocin

1.  I got my primary care doctor involved who had me see a gastro.  I had an ulcer once and not only was it painful it was downright dangerous…I don't want to go through that again ever.

2.  I went to see my acupuncturist/NET practitioner and explained to her that I needed to be able to tolerate the Mino.   This helped tremendously.  I have no idea if it is the placebo effect and frankly I don't care.  It worked.

Also, when I started, I started on Doxy 20mg every day taken with food for about a year and then went onto the Mino.  I herxed on the 20mg Doxy for several months and then hit a wall and got worse which is why I saw Dr. T and went onto the Mino.

keep us posted.

– – whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Jeni
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the additional info and ideas about mino.

Take care,

Jeni

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘ My rheumatologist said yes!’ is closed to new replies.