Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads My RA progress on doxycycline

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chantelle_sa
    Participant

Visited the Rheumatologist on 02/22/2012 and got prescribed 100mg doxycycline per day. Stopped both my inhalers for chronic bronchitis a month prior, and stopped cortisone two weeks prior to seeing rheumatologist. Went on an anti inflammatory diet about a month ago. I had to go back onto 5mg cortisone for 4 days, but quit again, and have been doing great. It’s been about 11 days since starting doxycycline and I have noticed that I am able to walk, although i still have some pain in my feet, it is subsiding, my hands are much better than they were, my knees have improved as well. My shoulders are much better too. I would say that I have improved by as much as 50% in a short 10 days. I am currently only taking 2 x 220 mg aleve twice daily and a daily 100 mg doxycycline. So far so good.

yippee

chantelle_sa
    Participant

I switched over to minocycline and have been doing so well. I had to find a source for the ranbaxy version of minocycline, as walmart no longer carry it and neither do smiths. I managed to find it at CVS Pharmacy. I have reduced my cortisone to only 2 mg (cutting the tablets in half) and have reduced the aleve to 1 tablet once daily. In fact today and yesterday I have not had to take any Aleve at all, but I do notice that the weekends I have some pain, which is when I am not on the minocycline. All the pain is gone in my knees, and shoulders, and my wrists. I still have pain in my feet, and am wondering if this will disappear with time, or if I will need an iv. I also have some stiffness in my fingers.

So far so good. I would say that I am 90% improved from just 6 weeks ago. It does seem like a miracle.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.