Home Forums General Discussion My daughter 9 years old has JIA, started Clarithromycin

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello All,

My daughter has been improving since she start taking abx and dieting. She complains less and less on her knee and ankle pain. Even my husband start thinking abx is working really well for her. If she runs too much bare foot, she complains the pain at the bottom of her hills on both feet, mostly on the side with RA.

Still, my husband wanted to get an opinion on an Rheumatologist, we decided to take her to Dr.F in California. In the meantime Dr.A agreed to see her as well. We are extremely lucky as she does not take new patient anymore.

Dr.A decided that her problems looks like caused by gluten and bartonella infection. She is very happy to see her progress with abx and decided to continue, as well check for bartonella infection. She also confirmed that Dr.F is the most experienced. Very impressive lady I have to say.

Last week Dr.F examined my daughter, looking at lab reports confirming mycoplasma infection from two different labs, he also think that this is an infection triggered RA and once we clear the infection RA will recover. He said he only tested for one bacteria that is most common, knowing that once it is there for sure others as well. He also found vitamin D deficiency and herper V6 infection. So, he gave; vitamin D 5000mg, transfer factor for virus infection, joint support and immune support. Very informative, knowledgeable doctor.

After the meeting with Dr.F we heard from Dr.A; bartonella test came positive, not high but still positive. Dr.A surprised that they can even detect it in the test. She said this could be because of the abx treatment her immune system is getting strong and fighting with bartonella. She is thinking about adding another antibiotic but she is not sure. She likes to discuss it with some of the pediatric experts . And yes, we have a cat at home..:(

We are also going to have a phone interview with Dr.F to discuss on this.

So dear roadback friends, I think these viruses and bacterias would be very happy if we have started MTX . I know we still have a tough road ahead of us. I have no doubt that whatever we do first we need to clean her body from these viruses and bacterias before seeing what else can be done and if there is a need.

Thank you for being here and supporting all of us on this journey. Have a great day!

n.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Nuket
    Thanks for stopping by with the great news about your daughter – so happy to hear this and you must be over the moon to see her move well again without (much) pain. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you Lynnie. I am happy but still with this problem you never know what is around the corner.
    I am also happy to find a doctor in our city knowledgeable on all these.

All the best,

Nuket

evalon
    Participant

WOW!!!! I am sooo happy to hear of your progress!!!!!!! Gave me chills when you wrote that even hubby is feeling more comfortable!! So many of us, especially those of us seeking care for our children, have had to incur the disapproval and sometimes wrath of our faamily and friends..when it’s already battle enough against the medical establishemnt. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi evalon πŸ™‚

I have not RA but psoriatic arthritis that it is always a manifestation of autoimmune arthritis pain with swelling up to severe forms of disability.

I did not tolerate tetra and now I am on clarithromycin from about a month and a half and and I benefit.

I hope your daughter is feeling better and continue to improve his health πŸ˜‰

hugs

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.