Home Forums General Discussion My AP Doctor Visit Yesterday–1 year already?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

Hi Trudi!!!

Hi Maz!!! I miss our crazy bantering girls!!!!

Don't mean to horn in on your thread Connie!

I am now ready to up date my progress. I am hoping this small amount of Clindy does something. My doctor “studied Dr. Browns protocol” did an ASO titer and decided we would try clindy 150mg. once weekly with the mino and see if it puts that rheumatoid factor in the normal range. We are so close, 25 now instead of 220 almost 3 years ago.
    Unfortunately, no change in anti-CCP still over 250.
    But I FEEL GREAT!!!!

Also no thyroid issues at present and no”isthmus” issues Maz, no lumps or bumps. Well one new ganglion on my fat ankle but it doesn't hurt even.

So thankful for good days which are most days.

Trudi Kim emailed quite a while back and unfortunately won't be coming to Wisco this year. I am sure you are as heartbroken as me as i was hoping we could get Maria up & you & I and Kim together for lunch here at the lake. We are here all summer again and really enjoying ourselves.

I am feeling kind of spoiled with so many things going so right. My husband got a job too after 15 months and he seems to really enjoy it so.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Now I have to re write all of this in my own post but I will shorten I am sure.

Cysta & back at it Potty Mouth Patti

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Connie, you cracked me up! Congrats, fellow SD-er! Good to see your results. I have only completed 1st month and have very similar “patience” problems but I am controlling myself. I too write infrequently but when I do one will realise how many thoughts, questions are swirling in my head. it's only becasue I am trying to control my inpatience and curiosity this forum is not flooded with my saga like posts with millions of questions and doubts…

I like your sense of humor. Are you a Saggitarian by any chance?

Aynur

Conniel7777
    Participant

JB,

Hmm.. funny you mention this about salt.. I mean, most people retain *some* water from eating salt, but if I eat salty snakc, look out… I will wake up so puffed that I cant even make a fist!

What is “protien S & C”?? I have never heard of that and dont know what you mean…

Conniel7777
    Participant

Aynur,

Glad I could make you smile! 🙂

I know what you mean.. when I first was diagnosed and became a member of this board, I posted constantly, and bombarded the volunteers with private messages and phone calls.. poor things!! ( Bless their hearts for putting up with me! )

and by the way.. I am not a Sagittarius.. I am a Leo, if that helps!!

Conniel7777
    Participant

CYSTA Patti..

Dont be silly.. “Horn” in whenever you want!~

I am beginning to feel like my optimism is returning as well, and I am feeling more like “me” again. 🙂

It would be WONDERFUL if my second year produced even bigger and better changes.. lets hope I mimic you in that regard!

BTW.. how is that low dose Clindy? thats oral, right?

I always hear how other abx are so hard on the stomach..  I remember years ago when I was prescribed low dose tetracycline.. I think it was 100 mg, 2x a day for rosacea (Ha! I was on AP and didnt even know it! ) and that drug used to make me nauseous; not ever to the point of actually getting ill, but I would have to take it with food..

Let us all know how the clindy goes.. I am excited for you and would like to boot you right off the cliff into the valley of remission!!!

PetRescue
    Participant

Hey Connie-great update! Now how about that Lyme test?!?! You know you wanna!!! 😉 And I've heard LLMD's are notorious for being on the fast poke train!

Keep going and thanks for paving the way and keeping us all entertained!

~jen

Conniel7777
    Participant

Hi Jen,

Yup.. Lyme testing has been scheduled.. many different ones.. ( long story ) but really, I DONT wanna, 'cause I wanna just keep my head buried in the sand, and hope it will all go away!  😉

But, yes.. as you said, I have also heard that Lyme docs jump right in there and hit it hard and fast.. maybe I should be careful what I wish for, huh??? 😯

Trudi
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Trudi Kim emailed quite a while back and unfortunately won't be coming to Wisco this year. I am sure you are as heartbroken as me as i was hoping we could get Maria up & you & I and Kim together for lunch here at the lake. We are here all summer again and really enjoying ourselves.

Hi Patti–

It just occurred to me the other day that it was a year ago this time we got together.  I probably would have had to take a pass too because right now I need to be pushed around in a wheelchair when going someplace :(;  checking out some other avenues and hope to find some answers to getting me mobile again!!!!  When that happens, we have got to get together again!!

I am so happy to hear Ken is back to work.  That is so great! 

Since your doctor is putting you on clindy after an ASO test, I'm guessing it was high.  Hopefully that will do the trick.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ My AP Doctor Visit Yesterday–1 year already?’ is closed to new replies.