Home Forums General Discussion Multiple Arthritis Treatments

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    EJ Kirksey
    Participant

What in the world does one have when they have multiple arthritis that is developing? I know have PM, RA and Osteoarthritis. My finger joints are getting cysts on them. How can I treat all of these? I’ve had a good three years with no major changes but changes are happening now. I have to work and need to get better. Appreciate hearing from anyone being treated for multiple arthritis.

PM, OA, RA 3 1/2 years *Doxycycline 100 mg daily
    D-3 10,000
    B-12 5,000
    Probiotics

Maz
    Keymaster

@EJ Kirksey wrote:

What in the world does one have when they have multiple arthritis that is developing? I know have PM, RA and Osteoarthritis. My finger joints are getting cysts on them. How can I treat all of these? I’ve had a good three years with no major changes but changes are happening now. I have to work and need to get better. Appreciate hearing from anyone being treated for multiple arthritis.

PM, OA, RA 3 1/2 years *Doxycycline 100 mg daily
    D-3 10,000
    B-12 5,000
    Probiotics

Hi EJ,

Just a few thoughts popped to mind…

Have you considered seeing an experienced AP Physician? Doxycycline alone may not be enough for you, if after 3.5 years you’re regressing. Have you tried minocycline yet or a combination oral protocol/or IVs?

Have you been told what type of cysts you have on your fingers? Synovial cysts? RA nodules? Heberden’s/Bouchard’s nodes?

It’s not uncommon to have overlapping rheumatic diseases or other types of AI diseases. E.g. RA and thyroid disease or mixed connective tissue disease with a combination of presentations, such as RA, Lupus, Scleroderma, Sjogren’s etc. Do your labs indicate something like this? Did you have a positive ANA? ANA Pattern?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.