Home Forums General Discussion MSM OR DSMO AND SD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MINOCINMAN
    Participant

Has anyone had success with either MSM or DSMO for improving contractures of hands or any other health issues associated with Diffuse or Limited SD? If so, please indicate dosage, frequency, and how long till results? From my research it appears that MSM has had good results for some mentioned at various sites, but could not find studies to support benefit.

cavalier
    Participant

I take MSM on a daily basis I was taking 5,000 m’gs daily & I believe it had help with my GI – for sure – I didn’t have problems with contracture with my hands while I was on it – maybe that is why i am having trouble now with this very thing – I talked to Dr S. about taking MSM – he told me it wont hurt but advised me to back it down to like 1,000 mg’s a day. Since I was taking this much & wanting to see how I maintained with the IV & then the daily minocycline by itself – I quit taking it that was a month ago & I do admit I think I need it. I got some DMSO too – but I cant testify to that as I have not taken it but for 2 days now.

I used to take MSM 3,000 mg’s for a few months prior to the 5,000 mg’s i wanted to be sure I had as much going for me ahead of the IV’s to get the max. from the IV. I used to take 1,500 Mg’s of MSM for a few yr’s this maybe what helped to put my raynauds back under – when I quit taking it for about 2 yr’s my raynauds came back along with more SD symptoms.
    Much has been stated about sulphas & MSM but my understanding is the 2 are not quite the same as I am very allergic to sulpha meds but am fine with MSM – I do recommend one ramp up gradually & be aware.

Jill
    Systemic SD

PhilC
    Participant

I would focus on MSM since it is likely much safer than DMSO. Also, I have read that DMSO is partially converted by the body to MSM, and that the beneficial properties of DMSO may actually be due to the MSM; therefore, one would probably be better off just taking MSM instead of DMSO.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

PhilC
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

Much has been stated about sulphas & MSM but my understanding is the 2 are not quite the same as I am very allergic to sulpha meds but am fine with MSM – I do recommend one ramp up gradually & be aware.

That happens because people confuse “sulfa” (or “sulpha”) with sulfur. Sulfur is not the reason why some people develop allergies to sulfa drugs. Rather, the allergy is due to the sulfonamide group.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

Thank you for response.

@cavalier wrote:

I take MSM on a daily basis I was taking 5,000 m’gs daily & I believe it had help with my GI – for sure – I didn’t have problems with contracture with my hands while I was on it – maybe that is why i am having trouble now with this very thing – I talked to Dr S. about taking MSM – he told me it wont hurt but advised me to back it down to like 1,000 mg’s a day. Since I was taking this much & wanting to see how I maintained with the IV & then the daily minocycline by itself – I quit taking it that was a month ago & I do admit I think I need it. I got some DMSO too – but I cant testify to that as I have not taken it but for 2 days now.

I used to take MSM 3,000 mg’s for a few months prior to the 5,000 mg’s i wanted to be sure I had as much going for me ahead of the IV’s to get the max. from the IV. I used to take 1,500 Mg’s of MSM for a few yr’s this maybe what helped to put my raynauds back under – when I quit taking it for about 2 yr’s my raynauds came back along with more SD symptoms.

Jill
    Systemic SD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.