Home Forums General Discussion Mottled skin and itching

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mlouise
    Participant

Folks,
    Has anyone had experience with mottled skin color? My skin on my stomach is two toned – very dark and blotches of white throughout. This just started to happen in the last month. Is this a good or bad sign?
    Also I wrote about itching back when hardly anyone could respond. I read the old discussions on this topic and now I would like to post again on it. I have incredible itching. It seems to be connected with my bones. (Is this possible?) My knees, my ankles, hips, backbone, ribs, collar bones, elbows, wrists, etc… I started to take Benedryl in the evenings so that I can sleep because of the itching, Is this OK? The itching only began about 1 1/2 months ago. Can this be good sign or is this a progression on the SD?

Kim
    Participant

Hi mlouise,

I sympathize with your itching, it’s miserable, but if it helps at all when I was itching the most it was during the process of getting better. I’ve never heard a plausible explanation for the changes in skin pigment. When I lost all of the hair on my arms they turned very white and had a slick texture. Now, the hair has grown back on my arms (it’s baby fine, but there) and the skin has a more normal/coarse texture and color. The weird thing is that my hands are still white and hairless……..the Michael Jackson white glove look. πŸ˜†

A number of people in the past have said Benedryl at night gave them much needed relief and helped them sleep.

Take care…..kim

Krys
    Participant
    mlouise wrote:
    I have incredible itching. It seems to be connected with my bones. (Is this possible?) My knees, my ankles, hips, backbone, ribs, collar bones, elbows, wrists, etc… I started to take Benedryl in the evenings so that I can sleep because of the itching, Is this OK? The itching only began about 1 1/2 months ago.

Hi mlouise,
    I hesitate to reply because I’m not sure if I have SD. But I had crazily intense itching on chest and back and lower belly, buttocks and some on thighs as part of herxing when I was taking wormwood (much weaker than artemisin) and cloves. What was helping me, was rubbing in the itchy skin Black Seed Oil (from Mountain Rose Herbs). Nothing else was helping, but this oil gave me relief for 6 – 8 hours. In my case (as confirmed by my LLMD) it was herxing due to Babesia’s die-off. I have no idea if Black Seed Oil normally works this way, but it certainly worked for me.
    Sorry if my reply to your post may be out of place. I keep my fingers crossed that you feel better soon!
    Krys

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Mlouise,

My mom suffered for months in the beginning with the itching. It was absolutely terrible for her. She had been prescribed tons of things to combat the itching but none of it really helped her. (creams, attarax, allergy meds.) She took a ton of Benedryl oral and she also used over the counter itch creams. It about drove her crazy. (Me too! LOL!) There was absolutely nothing we could do to make it better. BUT, it has subsided. I am not good with time, but I’d say it subsided a good 5-6 months after starting Mino. I know that this is not a comfort right now to you, I think you have been on mino longer than that. But everyone is different. This was my theory…the bugs were detoxing out of her skin. (This realization came to me when I did the same exact thing as you, reached out to all of the people on this board for help) I bet you could find my post if you did a search. Regarding the mottled skin…mottled is the only word i could think of to describe my mom’s skin. It’s funny you chose that word too. Mom’s skin is still mottled. But, it is still getting better. I will try to attach a recent picture of her with this new format. It may not let me but here goes. We were in Savannah recently for our birthdays. This is a picture of my mom and dad on a “Paula Deen” tour. We had a blast! UNABLE TO ATTACH A PHOTO. πŸ™
    P.S. How’s the Creon working for you?

mlouise
    Participant

I believe the Kreon worked very well. I began taking it in July and by the middle of August I stopped losing weight. I leveled off at 110 lb. Now I still take the Kreon hoping to gain some of the weight back. I lost a lot of muscle, not just fat when I lost all that weight. I feel so weak I can’t even pick up a gallon of milk with both hand. Some days I can’t lift a mug of tea with one hand. I am hoping to gain some the the muscle back so I am not so tired. I am glad that I got the Kreon as I think it also helped my stomach/intestines with digestion as well Thanks for your answer and concern.
    I did read your past discussions on itching, they were very helpful. i keep hoping that everything that is happening to me is a sign that things are getting better and if not getting better at least not getting worse. Thanks for your thoughts

mschmidt
    Participant

Mlouise,

I am SO sorry that you are having to deal with the severe itching–I can relate to your pain! I was in agony last summer, about 7 months into my treatment for SD and Lyme. I had uncontrollable itching, to the point of scratching so hard that I actually drew blood, on my face, neck, chest, arms, stomach, inner thighs, calves, shins and feet—basically everywhere I had skin thickening on my body from SD. I was on the highest dose of Atarax I could be on, to no avail. It was the worst after a shower, even if I doused myself with lotion, oils, etc. It was miserable, miserable miserable πŸ™ I remember reading that severe itching was not uncommon with SD, and was so discouraged that, after everything I had gone through up to that point, I’d have to deal with that as well. But, it subsided after about 2 months, AND my skin completely loosened up as well πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I haven’t had ANY itching since, and my skin scores all over my body, with the exception of the skin on my fingers (which I fully anticipate will go back to normal in time), is completely back to normal. My pigmentation is still darker than normal (especially on my arms) but, I attribute that to the Minocin. The mottled patches, which I didn’t have much of on my body, are gone as well, and I no longer have the sickly orange, fake tan look anymore.

Make sure that while you’re going through this itching phase, that you eliminate as many toxins to your skin as you can—meaning try to use natural products on your body, not harsh chemicals or perfumes, which could add to the irritation. And, detox, detox, detox as much as possible.

I hope you can find some relief soon!

Maria

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.