Home Forums General Discussion More questions on Lyme and RA

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Karel
    Participant

Ok suppose the Igenex results are correct and I have Lyme (currently trying to interpret the “limitations” of the test against my bacterial/viral history, and probably will order some more test and go of abx for some time, will see a LLMD in July), how high is the change that RA develops from Lyme? So far what have read, chances are very small and the arthritus that comes with Lyme is of a different type (moving single, big joints, non symmetric, my RA is small joints symmetric and stuck permanently. What are the chances that Lyme treatment also resolves the RA and should I prioritize lyme treatment over RA treatment?
    Qustions, Questions.

I believe we have several combined RA/Lyme sufferers on this forum.

As usual, thanks for all your thoughts

Karel

Anonymous
    Participant

So do you consider entamoeba histolytica to be the cause of your symptoms at this point? Have yoo tried the abx listed in this link? Or discussed it at Lymenet.flash?

http://www.parasitesinhumans.org/entamoeba-histolytica-amoebiasis.html

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

mattnapa
    your LLMD will advise you. However, treating the Lyme will also treat the RA.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Karel
    Participant

Mattnapa, I have tried paromomycin and botanicals and the regular microscopic tests are negative for now. Comprehensive stool testing is still positive however (DNA, PCR, Antigen?). At that moment I thought the parasite was the cause, and it may still be, but since the treatment didn’t make me feel better in general and for sure didn’t do anything about my RA, I shifted focus to Diet changes and later AP (I found IGG M Pneumonia). Both Diet and AP have not helped me a single bit so far and my hand are getting worse, that’s why focus is now on lyme. Although my blood is positive according to Igenex (WB IGG/IGM, C Pneumonia), I have only a very few of the symptoms normally associated with lyme as it seems. Have appointments set up for additional Igenex testing and LLMD.

Thanks for your contribution.

Lynnie, I would love to believe your statement, and hope it works for me as well, but I have found in the literature only references to Lyme arthritis which resolved with the resolution of Lyme. Probably have to dig a bit deeper in this forum.

Thanks! Karel

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Karel;
    I have SD caused by Lyme.Lyme can cause or just mimic any of 150 or so diseases.If you are lucky and just recently gotten Lyme you might be able to ditch both the Ra and Lyme but it is unlikely if it is long standing. You can control both but it takes dedication and time.I now look and feel normal but if I stop the various antibiotics for a few weeks the dang SD comes back so I know for sure that I still have Lyme even after 4 years of heavy duty antibiotics.
    Take a look at any of Maz’s posts.She has Lyme and RA.Her bi-line at the bottom of her post will tell you pretty well what you will have to do.RE the Igenex test,if you even show 2plusses(+) it is certain that you have it

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Karel= Have you tries the McDougal diet, or strict elimination diet. It sounds like you know what you are doing, but I just wanted to check a little further. There are some differences of opinion on how long you may need to be on one of these diets to see an effect. McDougal has some results he is supposed to publish this fall which seem promising. Gary Null has a protocol which I think is worth looking at though I know some people distrust him for reasons other that his scientific and technological abilities.

Karel
    Participant

Mattnapa, haven’t tried Mc Dougal diet yet but have seen the clips. It goes so much against the leaky gut (paleo) theory, my food measure allergy reports, and general common sense that I haven’t tried it yet. My RA came more or less overnight and has been constantly present ever since. I haven’t seen even improvement after 2x 5 days vegetable juice fasting. Also stool test revealed yeast dysbiosis, so more carbs will increase that problem. Right now I am on pretty normal diet but nothing preprocessed, sugary or gluten containing. Want to figure out if the AP gets it resolved by itself. I realize that for RA the only studies that have shown a positive improvement of the RA were pointing towards vegetarian diets. Haven’t seen anything on paleo, despite the attention it gets. Thanks for letting me know about that study. Interesting

Thanks Lynne!
    Well the only thing I know is that my health started to drop around 8 years ago with a whole bunch of symptoms including, as I remember vaguely some weird EM looking like spot on my upper body. I guess that sounds like longstanding. Thanks for the tips. So much to learn, in such a short time.

marypart
    Participant

You might want to read what happened to my son. Go to the Personal Progress forum and read “My Son’s Story.”

My son’s rheumatologist believed that my son probably had a parasite, in part because parasites are a known cause of arthritis, but also because his arthritis started after a severe gastroenteritis.

But, with more investigation, he tested positive for Lyme Disease as well.

Many doctors believe that the cause is the presence of multiple infections and that they all have to be treated to get well.

Lyme treatment definitely helped my son. He had arthritis all over his body. His knees were not even the primary site… his worst problem were in the shoulders, the ribs near the sternum and the hips and ankles. Everything bilateral.

He is in complete remission and doing very well.

Mary

Karel
    Participant

Mary thanks!
    Yes I have (had) the parasite, the mycoplasma and now possibly the lyme. Problem is that my arthritis is of the RA type, small joints and symmetrical (and yes some soreness and minimal stiffness in the bigger ones). So that’s where the diagnosis becomes difficult. With AP doing very little in 4 months now and fast deteriorating hands and feet I don’t feel comfortable just yet accepting lyme and its treatment. Thanks!

K

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Karel;
    You say that AP is helping very little,that is because you have Lyme.It has to be treated differently.Once it is controled the RA will likely follow.Hang in there,things will eventually get better.The problem is finding out what will work for you,that takes a lot or reading and trial and error with meds and supplements.Maz and I both have Lyme but our meds are mostly different.

Karel
    Participant

Thanks Lynne, appreciate the hopefull words! O

Anonymous
    Participant

I am not sure if this comment is pertinent. But I contacted the LLMD I saw a couple of years ago for Lyme like symptoms, and am going to be seeing him again soon. I asked him whether there was any Lyme sensitive rheumatologists in the area, and the answer was a rather unequivocal no. Perhaps i am reading between the lines, but my impression is that my Lyme doctor is saying he has a diagnostic and treatment protocol in mind and that he does not see a separate RA diagnosis as useful. He has been treating with something like the Brown protocol for many years and he has a very good reputation. So I am excited to see him, and hopefully he might offer some clues in unraveling the connections or lack thereof.

Also I should be getting my test results this Thursday. At this point I think I am ambivalent about the results at this point. A week or so ago I was praying for a seronegative test for RA, but it is getting pretty hard to believe whatever I have at this point is not pretty serious whether RA, Lyme, or something else that is mysterious

Karel
    Participant

Lynne, thanks for your hopeful contribution!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.