Home Forums General Discussion Mood Swings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    frhorngal
    Participant

Has anyone here experienced mood swings while on minocin? I’ve never been so weepy, (crying at the drop of a hat), emotional, or angry in my life. I’ve been on 100mg a day for just over 3 months and can’t seem to get back to my normal Vulcan like state.

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

DMW
    Participant

Yes, I get emotional and depressed on minocycline.

I have tried for Lyme…minocycline, Cowden protocol, and cannabutter. I’ve had a herx with Folinic acid, magnesium, moducare, xylitol, apple cider vinegar, TADS (adrenal support), activated charcoal, LDN, herbal made by my LLND and a 50 billion probiotic. I have been clinically diagnosed with Bartonella and mycoplasma. My Lyme testing was inconclusive-band 41 was double starred and I had about 4 indefnite…but I was also on cannabutter at the time (a natural antibiotic). I have high reverse T3 and low T

vinny
    Participant

I am 72 and tended to be very negative about life with an autoimmune disease. 3 years back I started taking 500mg tablets of Taurine for various reasons. After some period of time I noticed I had a much better outlook on life. It was kind of a shift from focus on the negative to being more looking at the things that were positive. At that time I was taking 100mg twice daily Minocycline. Taurine is a neurotransmitter and does help some people. It is very subtle, but I never miss my morning Taurine. Recently I have added one at bedtime which has helped my sleep.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.