Home Forums General Discussion Mom’s Lyme test is in…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mkbeeliever
    Participant

Help interpreting would be wonderful!
    I scanned it and tried to upload the attachment but to no avail. Still get errors when I try to upload pictures. OK here we go:

Multiplex B. Burgdorferi SERUM
    GENOMIC – B BURGDORFERI NEGATIVE
    PLASMID – B BURGDORFERI POSITIVE

MULTIPLEX B. BURGDORFERI WHOLE BLOOD
    GENOMIC – B BURGDORFERI NEGATIVE
    PLASMID – B BURGDORFERI NEGATIVE

IGENEX – IGG Result POSITIVE
    CDC/NYS – RESULT NEGATIVE
    18 kDa –
    22 kDa –
    **23-25 kDa IND
    28 kDa +
    30 kDa –
    **31 kDa +
    **34 kDa –
    **39 kDa –
    **41 kDa +++
    45 kDa –
    58 kDa +
    66 kDa –
    73 kDa –
    **83-93 kDa –

IGENEX IGM RESULT NEGATIVE
    CDC/NYS RESULT NEGATIVE
    18 kDa –
    22 kDa –
    **23-25 kDa –
    28 kDa –
    30 kDa –
    **31 kDa –
    **34 kDa –
    **39 kDa IND
    **41 kDa IND
    45 kDa –
    58 kDa –
    66 kDa –
    73 kDa –
    **83-93 kDa –

Any comments/insights are greatly appreciated!!!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

nspiker
    Participant

OMG Michelle…looks like your mom has lyme :mrgreen: !!!

She has band 31 and 41 IgG positive. Band 31 is specific for lyme. Band 41 can cross react with other bacteria and viruses with a flagella. She also has IND on 23-25, another lyme-specific band. Her IgM is IND for 39 and 41.

I’d say, with a bullseye rash, and those tests, along with her scleroderma symptoms, she should be treated for lyme. Did you run any co-infection panels? You may not need them, because an LLMD may treat based on her symptoms, and those tests alone.

My tests were less positive than your moms. I was IgG and IgM negative, with only band 41 positive. The tests are only indicators since lyme is a clinical diagnosis.

The good news is, with the right LLMD, your mom can continue to improve and regain her health. You already have a foundation in AP. Don’t let a lyme diagnosis scare you (Even though it did me). It may end up being a true blessing. Look at all the others here, with lyme, that now are almost completely well. That will be your mom too.

lots of love, nancy

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@nspiker wrote:

I’d say, with a bullseye rash, and those tests, along with her scleroderma symptoms, she should be treated for lyme. Did you run any co-infection panels? You may not need them, because an LLMD may treat based on her symptoms, and those tests alone.

My tests were less positive than your moms. I was IgG and IgM negative, with only band 41 positive. The tests are only indicators since lyme is a clinical diagnosis.

The good news is, with the right LLMD, your mom can continue to improve and regain her health. You already have a foundation in AP. Don’t let a lyme diagnosis scare you (Even though it did me). It may end up being a true blessing. Look at all the others here, with lyme, that now are almost completely well. That will be your mom too.

lots of love, nancy

No, we did not do any co-infection panels. I am not surprised. The doctor told her today she had it but she doesn’t have it anymore. Oy Vey…here we go! Weeeeeeeeee! Now to figure out what doctor she should go to. We aren’t scared. It just makes sense to us. Its bitter sweet but nothing we did not expect. Your body just doesn’t turn on you – I have never bought that load of crap. Thanks Nancy! Lots of love to you too!

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Starting a Lyme protocol will be one more step in your mom’s journey back to wellness. One the one hand, it would have been nice if she could have started a Lyme protocol back in the beginning but perhaps the approach would have been too much for her when she was so sick and it might have overwhelmed you too. Now, she’s doing better and you aren’t in complete panic mode anymore and will be able to find the right doctor and treatment for her.

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@Parisa wrote:

Hi Michelle,

Starting a Lyme protocol will be one more step in your mom’s journey back to wellness. One the one hand, it would have been nice if she could have started a Lyme protocol back in the beginning but perhaps the approach would have been too much for her when she was so sick and it might have overwhelmed you too. Now, she’s doing better and you aren’t in complete panic mode anymore and will be able to find the right doctor and treatment for her.

Yes, it would have been nice – actually it would have been nice if we knew all of this before she got *really* sick and lost her kidneys. She has always been sick though. My dad commented that she’s been sick their whole marriage. That’s 43 years of sick. But, can’t look back now. We must look forward. I believe that the mino and the Zith have really helped her and she’s tolerated both so well. It was what she could handle and God knows that.

I am wondering why so many of my Lymie friends haven’t chimed in…are her results that bad?

Blessings,
    Michelle

Maz
    Keymaster

@mkbeeliever wrote:

@Parisa wrote:

Yes, it would have been nice – actually it would have been nice if we knew all of this before she got *really* sick and lost her kidneys. She has always been sick though. My dad commented that she’s been sick their whole marriage. That’s 43 years of sick. But, can’t look back now. We must look forward. I believe that the mino and the Zith have really helped her and she’s tolerated both so well. It was what she could handle and God knows that.

I am wondering why so many of my Lymie friends haven’t chimed in…are her results that bad?

Hi Michelle,

I thought about chiming in, but Nancy did such a great job, I didn’t want to bore you with a repeat of my ramblings! With 4 positive bands and one IND on IgG, however, there isn’t any doubt in my layman mind that Lyme is involved. I only actually tested positive on Bands 39 and 41 with one + and one IND on Band 23 to 25 on IgG…but I had two EM rashes which = Lyme no matter what any test says. Do you have the links to learn about these antibody bands and what they mean? Sure you must as you’ve been around for so long now…but if you need them and can’t locate them, let me know and I’d be happy to fwd to you. Additionally, though, with a documented bulls-eye rash, this is definitive for borreliosis, whatever any test might say. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I also have would like to second Parisa’s very wise comments, which also went through my mind when Lyme became a question for your Mom…she was so sick with kidney failure and advanced SD, it was not very good timing to be starting heavy Lyme protocols. With her kidney issues, she may still have to proceed with great caution, but what is important now is figuring out what coinfections may be in her mix that might need to be addressed separately to avert the chance of these possibly impeding her progress. The mino and zith is a terrific combination, but Lyme is also a tricky organism that gets pushed into dormant cystic form and bio-film by abx, hiding successfully for donkey’s years and only to re-emerge whent he coast is clear…this is why LLMDs will change things up regularly, too….to trick those nasty things. Whatever else might be added to your Mom’s protocol, however, if I had SD, I would want to remain on the minocycline, which is just so great for its immune-modulating effects for SD.

Your Mom has done so well, Michelle, and figuring this all out with a really experienced LLMD and how to proceed as cautiously as possible would be my main goal, in the same shoes. I don’t think I’d waste time going to a less experienced doc, but one who is highly respected and knows their bugs and abx. I’m thining Dr. J in Wash DC might be one LLMD who is closest to consider?

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

@mkbeeliever wrote:

@Parisa wrote:

Hi Michelle,

I thought about chiming in, but Nancy did such a great job, I didn’t want to bore you with a repeat of my ramblings! With 4 positive bands and one IND on IgG, however, there isn’t any doubt in my layman mind that Lyme is involved. I only actually tested positive on Bands 39 and 41 with one + and one IND on Band 23 to 25 on IgG…but I had two EM rashes which = Lyme no matter what any test says. Do you have the links to learn about these antibody bands and what they mean? Sure you must as you’ve been around for so long now…but if you need them and can’t locate them, let me know and I’d be happy to fwd to you. Additionally, though, with a documented bulls-eye rash, this is definitive for borreliosis, whatever any test might say. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I also have would like to second Parisa’s very wise comments, which also went through my mind when Lyme became a question for your Mom…she was so sick with kidney failure and advanced SD, it was not very good timing to be starting heavy Lyme protocols. With her kidney issues, she may still have to proceed with great caution, but what is important now is figuring out what coinfections may be in her mix that might need to be addressed separately to avert the chance of these possibly impeding her progress. The mino and zith is a terrific combination, but Lyme is also a tricky organism that gets pushed into dormant cystic form and bio-film by abx, hiding successfully for donkey’s years and only to re-emerge whent he coast is clear…this is why LLMDs will change things up regularly, too….to trick those nasty things. Whatever else might be added to your Mom’s protocol, however, if I had SD, I would want to remain on the minocycline, which is just so great for its immune-modulating effects for SD.

Your Mom has done so well, Michelle, and figuring this all out with a really experienced LLMD and how to proceed as cautiously as possible would be my main goal, in the same shoes. I don’t think I’d waste time going to a less experienced doc, but one who is highly respected and knows their bugs and abx. I’m thining Dr. J in Wash DC might be one LLMD who is closest to consider?

Maz, thanks for your response. I don’t mean to be “high maintenance…” I was just like “hummmm, no one is giving us the love or responding so therefore, this has to be bad and they don’t want to say anything as not to scare us!” Crazy I know. I have my weird moments. Not trying to get attention here! ๐Ÿ˜† :mrgreen:

My doctor list is as follows…I live in Georgia, so Washington DC is not close. But I’m willing to go to Missouri because we have family there. Any recommendations for GEORGIA would be great. The south is not a good place to be when you have Lyme or want AP. Terrible.

Dr. C in Missouri
    Dr. F in North Carolina
    Dr. K in Tennessee

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Don’t feel “high maintenance.” The truth is I think with the switch over to this new platform that we lost some people and the board has lost some of its vibrancy. A few months ago your post would have generated alot of comments from comrades who have watched you and your mom’s struggle over the past couple of years and that’s probably what you are missing. I’m hoping that some of the people who dropped off will find their way back again.

jims
    Participant

Hi Michelle, I don’t post allot but I remember when you and your dear mom came on the board. You guys have been through so much, I just had put my two cents worth in. First I am not an official lymie, having not had the tests done yet. But I very much suspect it since I was bitten many times. Have you considered any foods that you can use while finding an llmd? I think some LLMDs use food as an adjunct to the abx. Some that come to mind are garlic, vitamin c, sea salt and Apple cider vinegar. There are tons more, I use earthclinic as a source of food and natural remedies. I feel for the most part they wouldn’t stand alone as treatments but can support the abx. As I have followed allot of your posts I know you will carefully study changes made to your moms protocol. Maz and the others are better qualified to speak on lyme. I hope and trust this is another step in your mom’s journey to regaining her health. All the best, jim

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@jims wrote:

Hi Michelle, I don’t post allot but I remember when you and your dear mom came on the board. You guys have been through so much, I just had put my two cents worth in. First I am not an official lymie, having not had the tests done yet. But I very much suspect it since I was bitten many times. Have you considered any foods that you can use while finding an llmd? I think some LLMDs use food as an adjunct to the abx. Some that come to mind are garlic, vitamin c, sea salt and Apple cider vinegar. There are tons more, I use earthclinic as a source of food and natural remedies. I feel for the most part they wouldn’t stand alone as treatments but can support the abx. As I have followed allot of your posts I know you will carefully study changes made to your moms protocol. Maz and the others are better qualified to speak on lyme. I hope and trust this is another step in your mom’s journey to regaining her health. All the best, jim

Thank you Jim! You have always been so kind to us! Will definitely consider the food things you suggested. She’s so finicky with her eating. She eats great but her gag reflex is strong! I have tried to get her to use all the suggestions we’ve been given – the detox drink with Olive Oil and Lemon, the cottage cheese concoction to get he weight up, the coconut oil…eliminating things, adding things…with little success. She’s stubborn. I get that from her I guess! LOL! Take care and thank you for your kind wishes! It means a lot to us!

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@Parisa wrote:

Hi Michelle,

Don’t feel “high maintenance.” The truth is I think with the switch over to this new platform that we lost some people and the board has lost some of its vibrancy. A few months ago your post would have generated alot of comments from comrades who have watched you and your mom’s struggle over the past couple of years and that’s probably what you are missing. I’m hoping that some of the people who dropped off will find their way back again.

I totally agree with you Parisa! The board is a little different these days. COME BACK PEOPLE! We are still here and missing you all! ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.