Home Forums General Discussion mold exposure/mycotoxin infection

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

has anyone has experience recovering from mold/mycotoxins?
    my home has a mold problem and in my body I tested with high levels of 2 mycotoxins produced by the type of mold that’s present in unacceptable at levels in the house.

I started taking a binder at night (“GI detox”) and adding glutathione and working on remediation but not sure what other things will be helpful.

I am interested in hearing any experienced with mold and mycotoxins.

thank you

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Spiffy1

Yep. I considered it a large part of my problem. I think I could have handled Lyme better if we had not painted over two mold patches in our basement and let a small leak under a cabinet progress too far unnoticed. I can still remember what the basement mold looked like when we bought our house and it creeps me out. Knowing what I know now I would have never bought the house we lived in fourteen years ago. Thankfully we have moved across the country. Be careful with remediation. It can churn up more troubles. My old house tested still in the green zone but several species were found. Any mold is too much for my HLA pattern. If you want a prescription I know people have used Welchol and Cholestyramine…probably not spelled right. I found I liked using fruit pectin. There are several brands out there. Mine was Pectasol-C. But it is just fruit pectin. Study it and see what you think. I am sad I did not continue it because it has a lot of benefits. I know that we don’t mention doctor’s names to protect their privacy but I do want to add this link. This doctor was really the first to identify bio toxin illness and I feel like other doctors have learned from him and have carried it on, but this doc suffers from pulmonary hypertension which keeps him from doing all the things he wants to do. My dad had this so I feel a certain amount of respect for him. You may already be familiar with his studies and patient accounts.

https://www.survivingmold.com/BIOTOXIN_PROTOCOL.pdf

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Luck20
    Participant

Spiffy1, what were the benefits of the pectasol-C you mentioned? What brand did you use? Silly question, but is that something you herx on? Any side effects or reasons not to use it? Thanks so much!!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Linda L
    Participant

I used to work in a very cold office on the ground floor in Melbourne. There was a huge mould on the walls and it was being painted over and over again for years. I am sure that my RA was linked to it but that time I didn’t know anything about mould.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Thanks for the replies.

Spiffy –
    I recently started on a binder called GI detox which is a combination of clay, pectin and charcoal.
    I have noticed a reduction in certain symptoms on it.

Thank you so much for that PDF with the protocol. I have a number of specific problems listed that are addressed by this protocol, like Antidiuretic Hormone/osmolality, cortisol issues, sex hormone issues, low leptin etc

When my rheumatic stuff first really hit 2 years ago, it didnt come with this stuff. This all feels very different this time around in a way that has really had me stumped. And multiple docs have looked at my blood work and said it looks like something is suppressing my immune system which is putting me at the mercy of a number of bad infections.

arrghhhh it’s all such a complicated mess!! Im so glad you were able to figure it out and treat for it, Spiffy.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.