Home Forums General Discussion MINOCYCLINE(WATSON) AND Azithromycin

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MINOCINMAN
    Participant

I am thinking about contacting Dr S and asking him to add a 2nd abx such as Azithromycin for Sd. Anyone do this for SD and result? I have concern at this point that other bacteria may be resistant to Minocycline, Generic Watson. I am getting better, but was thinking that this may acelerate process. See no point in waiting a year or even 6 moths to see how much better I get and then find myself having to treat another say 6mos toyear to fully knock this out? Please advise if others have tried strategy and result.

Thanks

vonni
    Participant

I am on both Minocycline (Global) and Azithromycin. I have chronic lyme and systemic SD. I was not put on the Azithromycin until after I was diagnosed with lyme. I do know from personal experience it is a slow progress with AP. As long as you are moving in the right direction—celebrate the day!

nord
    Participant

I think the young swimmer Jess Ferguson was on a CAP (including a macrolide) by dr P., will be in the experiences section. There are some posts on cpnhelp by her mother about it as well.

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

Hi Cheryl F Please see below comment about protcol of Jess and advise.

Thank you.

@nord wrote:

I think the young swimmer Jess Ferguson was on a CAP (including a macrolide) by dr P., will be in the experiences section. There are some posts on cpnhelp by her mother about it as well.

carries
    Participant

Hi Minocinman!

I am also thinking about adding zith to my mix…..please let me know what Dr S advises. I did email him but not sure how long it will take to hear back. Thanks for your input!!

PhilC
    Participant

I think it’s probably a good idea, for the simple reason that is much harder for bacteria to become resistant when you are hitting them with more than one antibiotic at the same time. The last thing you want to happen is for the “bugs” to become resistant to the antibiotic that’s working for you.

I recall reading on here more than once about people who took mino or doxy for several years with good results. And then one day it just stopped working. I suspect that what happened is that the bacteria became resistant to the antibiotic.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Boys;
    My doctor put me on Zith somewhere around year 7 of AP but before knowing I have Lyme.The herx was so strong that I felt like stopping it.The stuff remains in one’s system for close to 2 weeks so I took one tablet every fortnight.
    Hope this helps,Lynne

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Hi Boys;
    My doctor put me on Zith somewhere around year 7 of AP but before knowing I have Lyme.The herx was so strong that I felt like stopping it.The stuff remains in one’s system for close to 2 weeks so I took one tablet every fortnight.
    Hope this helps,Lynne

Are you saying you took one every 4th night? For how long? Result? Did you feel that you had reached a plateau of recovery on only Mino and this improved your recovery even further by adding this ABX?

Kim
    Participant

Doctors seem to have different preferences for how they work in the Zith so you’ll see lots of different formulas and, in the end, one really has to decide which one will yield results for them. My protocol, and it worked well, was to pulse Mino on Mon/Wed/Fri and then every other Friday we substituted the Mino for Zith (two-250mg tabs of Zith).

Take care…..kim

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Minocinman;
    A fortnight is 15 days.I think it is a British term but we use it here in Canada also.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

@Lynne G./SD wrote:

Hi Minocinman;
    A fortnight is 15 days.I think it is a British term but we use it here in Canada also.

Well not sure about Canada Lynne but in England and most other countries I know, it’s actually – 14 days or, in fact nights: fort night = fourteen nights. It’s a very Old English term. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortnight Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

PhilC
    Participant

According to the info on cpnhelp.org, the impression I have is that the purpose of taking azithromycin every two weeks is only to gauge the patient’s reaction to the drug. In other words, it’s a precaution that’s used because some patients will experience strong die-off reactions. I don’t think that biweekly dosing is meant to be a long-term approach, as it really doesn’t make much sense (except maybe for very ill patients).

See:
    http://www.cpnhelp.org/strattonprotocolupdate

For an overview of the Sriram, Stratton, and Wheldon protocols, see:
    http://www.cpnhelp.org/treatment_protocols

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

Phil:

Thank you very much for your response. This makes sense.

@PhilC wrote:

According to the info on cpnhelp.org, the impression I have is that the purpose of taking azithromycin every two weeks is only to gauge the patient’s reaction to the drug. In other words, it’s a precaution that’s used because some patients will experience strong die-off reactions. I don’t think that biweekly dosing is meant to be a long-term approach, as it really doesn’t make much sense (except maybe for very ill patients).

See:
    http://www.cpnhelp.org/strattonprotocolupdate

For an overview of the Sriram, Stratton, and Wheldon protocols, see:
    http://www.cpnhelp.org/treatment_protocols

Phil

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.