Home Forums General Discussion Minocycline-Eye Sight

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    snglbear24
    Participant

Hi. I had posted yesterday about side effects I was having regarding just starting Mino 100 X2 daily. Well today 2 hours after my morning dose, my eye sight started to get weird. I can’t describe it but it was like sqiggly lines throughout my vision and just the inability to focus clearly. It passed after 30 minutes. Don’t get me wrong, I still feel the weird feelings in my head but the sqiggly lines are gone. Has anyone else ever had this? Thank you.

Diffused Scleroderma/SLE Overlap
    Minocycline June 2016 2 x 100 daily
    Culturelle Probiotic 2 x daily
    Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

Nikkoal
    Participant

I just started minocycline 4 weeks ago for RA. I haven’t had any unusual side effects thus far except tingling in my arms for several days, but that may or may not have been herxing. I have learned through reading a lot of the posts here that if you are taking a generic, the brand matters. If it’s a capsule, it could have fillers that are giving you problems. I used Actavis capsules first month, but got torrent tablets on my refill. You can even get brand pelletized capsules through Canadian pharmacies, this is the preferred pill. Brand pelletized is unaffordable in the US. What brand of mino are you using? Also, low and slow as they say. Dizziness is a common side effect, and that may pass. Some people so the pulsed dosing MWF, some do daily. If you do daily, maybe you can take it about an hour before bedtime (just be sure it’s 2 hours after eating and that you remain sitting up for about an hour after taking) to alleviate the funny head feeling. Hope this helps.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Snglbear,

Have responded to your PM.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.