Home Forums General Discussion Minocycline 75 mg.daily

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chain2512
    Participant

My doctor prescribed minocycline 75 mg. daily. I was wondering if that is sufficient since it is lower than what the protocol suggested. I am also taking cat’s claw , MSM, boron.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Well, I can only speak for myself. I take 100mg every other day. So I’m getting less overall in my system than you. I started mino almost 20 years after my diagnosis and I was in really bad shape. Everyone is different but I don’t think that more is necessarily better…or at least for me it’s not. Did you ask your doctor this question? What did they say?

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Hi Chains. What disease are you trying to manage? Is your doctor experienced with AP? Did you have a strong reaction to the mino? There are legitimate reasons to take a lower dose, but it’s hard to know with so little information. I take 200 mg, MWF for RA. I still have a high mycoplasma reading when tested.

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

chain2512
    Participant

I have RA. I found my doctor from Roadback’s dr. list but I do not believe he has that many patients on Antibiotic protocol though. He seems to think that a lower dose will help to prevent Herxheimer reactions. How are you doing with the protocol? Have you managed to get into remission yet?

Airen
    Participant

Hi Chain,

I have RA and started out with Brown’s historical protocol of 100 mg MWF. I herxed and it was the worst 6 months of my life…even though I felt awful I still noticed improvements that were not associated with pain. First thing I noticed was the debilitating fatigue lifted…I was able to get through my day without needing to close my office door and lay on the floor or put my head on my desk because I couldn’t keep my eyes open. There were many times during that first 6 months/first year I wasn’t sure if it was going to work! Am I really going to be pain-free? But I trudged along as I had no other option. I was too scared to try anything else. As I continued my research I found Dr. Trentham’s recommended protocol of 200 mg every day and decided I wanted to see if increasing my dosage would help me see results quicker. Every 4 months I would increase my dosage and at each increase, I continued to see more and more improvements…less pain, being able to close my hand before 6 pm, my elbow was locked in a bent position and that eventually healed and I could completely open my arm…I had pain in every single joint of my body and slowly it disappeared from each area one by one. So, at 4 months I increased my dose from 100 mg MWF to 100 mg Monday through Friday with weekends off, then every day, then 200 mg MWF and 100 mg every other eventually getting to the max dose of 200 mg every day. I pretty much managed how I wanted to take the mino. Although my dr was very open and willing she had no past experience with AP. After one year I was much improved but not completely healed…not ALL my pain was gone, BUT I was functioning, I was a mom again and a wife again. It probably took a good 2 full years for ALL my pain to be gone. Not one single joint in my body hurts. I do believe that viruses and infections cause these diseases and I do still have some autoimmune issues I am trying to deal with naturally. Please look into Anthony William the Medical Medium. He has some amazing information out and is helping thousands heal…from the viruses and infections that cause chronic illness.

Good luck and hang in there! There are pain-free days ahead!

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Airen
    Participant

Let me follow by saying it is now my goal to titrate down to a maintenance dose of 100 mg MWF. I prefer to not stay on such a high dose all my life. I want to see if I can remain in remission with that small dosage. I have successfully gone down to 100 mg daily now with no pain returning.

Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

chain2512
    Participant

Hello Airen,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with me. I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind. Are you on any special diet at all? Any issue with skin discoloration? I am terrible with my diet and I wanted to know if it is possible to rely on antibiotics and eat semi-healthy food. I noticed you are taking WP thyroid as well. My thyroid antibodies are abnormally high too ( Dr. said possibly Hashimoto’s) but I am taking LDN. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Luck20
    Participant

I’m on 100mg 2x a day. M-F. Scleroderma came on rapidly and my Dr was really concerned about me. My stomach seems to be handling it, so I plan to stay the course until I’m better and then lower the dosage and go off some of the other drugs, but not Minocycline.

I did herx by feeling like I had the flu the first month with moderate hot and cold spells a few times a week. It was tolerable compared to the initial pain of the disease. I took the herxing as a good sign, 2 months later, I started to see slight improvements and I knew things would keep getting better. It was a relief to see a sign the meds were working.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Airen
    Participant

I did do an elimination diet…eliminating anything and everything that could cause inflammation or could cause autoimmune reactions. I only ate fruits, vegetables, and meat for 9 months. I lost a TON of weight but was still in outrageous pain. I do believe though that my clean diet did help accelerate my success with AP. I have reintroduced everything but gluten. Gluten is terrible on the gut and highly inflammatory so I stay away from it as much as possible. I still try to eat fruits and veggies as much as possible…much more than I ever did in my whole life…until I got sick I never realized or appreciated the fact that we as humans should be eating what this earth has provided us. Not all this crap we humans have made. Don’t get me wrong I like the junk but I am aware now how unhealthy it is. I say look into Anthony William, Medical Medium, I wish I had at the beginning. He says no gluten, dairy, corn, pork, and eggs…they all feed the viruses. His recommendations are all to kill the virus and detox heavy metals. I drink straight celery juice and take other vitamins and supplements he recommends. I do not follow full on like I should but I know it works because I’ve done it before and have the tools to kick it into overdrive if I need to.

Started AP in June 2015

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.