Home Forums General Discussion Minocin Side Effects

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    mlouise
    Participant

I can acknowladge all of these recommendations because these ladies also gave them to me last summer when I was in agony. I want to add that I also take a systemic enyme to help get rid of dead stuff. It is Seracour NK. I bought it from Pivotal Health. It works wonders. If you go to Pivotal Health website they have recommendations for taking all their products. I used their entire program for about 26 weeks. I noticed almost immediate improvement in the lungs -better breathing. I can tell if I miss taking it for a day because I am more stiff in the hands and shoulders and chest area. I hope this was helpful. mlouise

jmsmile
    Participant

I had been on a low carb, low sugar diet but have not been sticking to it lately. I will get back on it now. Is the Nystatin a prescription?

I can stop at the health food store and get a good Probiotic. Is Theralac a prescription? I just don’t know these things.

I love all the help you guys are giving me. Thanks so much.

jmsmile
    Participant

Hello! My rheumy doctor wants me to quit taking the Minocin and he wants to put me on something else because of my side effects. Since I cut Minocin back to M-W-F, I can tell the difference. I picked up some probiotics (PB8) over the weekend and seem to be getting a little better. I was taking 4 a day but I will increase that now that I know I can take them without side effects. I can be sure my doctor will put me on another one of those terrible arthritis drugs. Is there anything else to replace the Minocin?

kerry23
    Participant

My LLMD told me to buy (supplement) called GHI Opticleanse made from Xyogen or something like that. I think you can get it through Amazon but I buy it through my doctor. It is pretty hard to find and purchase. It does work great, I never had any GI problems except for now. Constipation now due to yeast ….again….on Diflucan while still taking Minocin. I am very anxious to find out how you are doing. Please PM me and let me know how treatment went with yeast.
    Kerry

jmsmile
    Participant

What kind of dr. is an LLMD?

I didn’t want to quit taking the Minocin but I just keep going to the bathroom so I am going to stop. I am already hurting since cutting back on them so it won’t be good. I know my doctor will put me on some harsh arthritis medicine that I do not want to take but I have no choice right now. Does anyone know how long it would take for the probiotic to kick in?

kerry23
    Participant

Probotics kick immediately but once you have the growth which it sounds like you do, there is no escape. I tried everything.
    Diflucan was the only treatment. That is a prescription drug. An LLMD is a lyme literate medical doctor.
    I live in the bathroom too and have terrible anxiety from yeast, it does some strange things.

jmsmile
    Participant

I would like to know which doctor to go see about the yeast, bowels, etc.; my family dr., my OB-GYN or my Rheumy? I would really like to know for sure what the problem is so I can get on the right medicine. Thanks.

kerry23
    Participant

The doctor that prescribed the Minocin should deal with the yeast issues. Otherwise, I am sure your Primary would see you for it too. Good luck

jmsmile
    Participant

Thanks. I will be seeing him soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.