Home Forums General Discussion Minocin only good for 1 year?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SandiS
    Participant

I use either Walgreens or CVS for my minocin. They have to order it from Triax because they do not keep the brand name in stock. It’s in a sealed bottle from Triax and has an expiration date of at least 2 years . I thought it was only good for 1 year?

Sandi

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi; Sandis
    Most people get minocycline in a pharmacy and in a dark amber or brown colored bottle, only dated by the pharmacist who filled the precription on that date, it is “one (1)” year past that date the minocycline should (NOT) be used.
    The manufacturers do say the experation date is Two years and if the minocycline is taken each time, from that manufacturers dated bottle it would be oK to use. Other wise 1 year from date of the perscription bottle. Minocycline is very
    Toxic when it is OUT DATED. Always make sure,
    you can check this at Drugs.com ,
    Best to you, ….Joe RA….

SandiS
    Participant

Joe,

Thanks for the clarification. My minocin comes in a white bottle from triax because I actually get the acne kit because that is the only way my insurance will pay for brand minocin (there’s not a generic kit at this time). What a crazy world. A pharmacist at my insurance company over-ruled my doctor’s request for brand over generic so we found another way for now. what is crazier to me, is that they will pay for more expensive traditional drugs but yet will fight me on this issue. Think of all the money I’m saving them. Cheaper medication and less labs to monitor liver, less visits to opthamologist etc. Oh well. At least I have my minocin for now.

Sandi

Joe RA
    Participant

Sandi,
    I know, I feel just the way you do about the
    insurance companies, mine payed for my Humira
    and then my enbrel but not the minocin, so I am
    glad that the minocycline has been working for me. I believe it is because of so much competion between the many generic, minocycline manufacturers who most all, have the drugs made in India then shipped in bulk to several locations in the USA ect. for bottling and distribution for, pennies per. 😯 😯
    The best to all, ….Joe RA….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.