Home Forums General Discussion Minocin from Canada

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jeni
    Participant

Hello,

I just ran into a pharmacy in Canada called Meds From Canada.com and they say that they have Minocin that is manufactured by Wyeth Lederle. They have it listed as Cynomycin. The person that I spoke with is going to email the manufacturer to find out if it is pelleted. Does anyone have any info or experience with the pharmacy or with Wyeth Lederle Minocin? Is this actually brand name Minocin?

Right now I am waiting for my shipment of generic minocycline from Buy Low Drugs and I am very worried about how my stomach will react to it.

Thanks,

Jeni

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jeni,

Cynomycin is the brand of minocyline that is manufactured and sold in India. It seems a little odd that a Canadian pharmacy would be selling this. Be careful what online pharmacies that you order from. Many “Canadian” online pharmacies are fake, and instead of shipping from Canada the drugs will come from India or another Asian country.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Jeni
    Participant

Thanks for the warning Phil! I can feel desperation starting to creep into my mind. I can only hope that the generic doesn’t trash my stomach. I keep thinking that I might have to beg the rheumatologist to prescribe it for me and hope that the insurance will pay for it. If insurance won’t pay for it, I don’t think that I will be able to afford it. I think it would cost something like $3000.00 a month for 150 mg a day that I take now. This is my guess since my friend’s son takes it for his acne, and she said that the 50mg a day that he takes would have been $1000.00 if insurance didn’t pay for it. Yes, I did spot many questionable online ads, but thanks for the warning!

Jeni

rattled
    Participant

Jeni, I have not posted to this forum before, but let me say this, I do have some experience with ordering from Canada and we have been thoroughly pleased with the process and with the medications received and we have ordered everything from Diovan to estrogen patches! There is a site called PharmacyChecker.com and you can research there for meds. My daughter has RA and has since 2004/2005. She has been on the AP for 1 year and we have seen remarkable progress. We likely are going to have to add a better diet to her life in order to accomplish the goal of putting her RA into remission, however. But over all, the AP has the best track record (and she has done it all from biologics right on down the spectrum). I checked on the pricing for minocin (Brand) and the 100mg is less than $200 for 112 caps. You might find it worth while to check the site and as I understand it from my husband an accountant, it can be part of your tax deduction process (even from Canada)! It might be wise to check to see if that is possible in your situation.

Jeni
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks so much for the information. Unfortunately, I am off the Minocin for now as I think that I gave myself drug induced lupus. I had to start taking Orencia about 6 weeks ago. I have to say that my joints are feeling a ton better. I really don’t know what to make of it all, since the Minocin was wonderful for almost 2 years. I began to feel absolutely terrible around the end of November with increased hair loss, joint pain, and just feeling horrible. I will keep the website and information in mind, though.

Thanks again,

Jeni

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jeni,

If you can’t take minocycline, there’s always doxycycline. And with doxycycline the generic is usually fine; it’s quite a bit cheaper than minocycline, too.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Jeni
    Participant

Thanks Phil.

I will ask my doctor if I can try it with the Orencia. I’m a little scared of going off of it because my joints are starting to feel much better.

Jeni

matv
    Participant

Its good to know also that doxycycline is a good alternative to minocycline when it causes DILE. Though I’ve never used mino, im interested to try but cost is a factor for me.

Nice to meet you Jeni, glad to hear you’ve improved 🙂

Jeni
    Participant

Thanks for that bit of information. I didn’t know that either. I will have to look into doxycycline…..

jeni

matv
    Participant

Maz actually developed DILE when she was on minocycline for her AP/Lyme treatments, so she swapped to doxycycline (or tetracycline) .. the only problem being neither of which have as superior penetration as minocycline. I imagine adding bromelain and/or serratiopeptidase would allow for further penetration, however sometimes it’s better just to go slower.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jeni,
    @Jeni wrote:

I will ask my doctor if I can try it with the Orencia. I’m a little scared of going off of it because my joints are starting to feel much better.

Taking both doxycycline and Orencia shouldn’t be a problem. The Orencia may even help the doxy work better due to better inflammation control.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Jeni
    Participant

Thanks! I will definitely look into the doxycycline and the supplements you mentioned.

jeni

Jeni
    Participant

Phil,

I really don’t know what to think about the Orencia combined with doxycycline because I’ve read both that it will work and that it won’t work. My understanding is that the antibiotics work in conjunction with the immune system and therefore, the biologic drugs should hamper their effectiveness. On the other hand, I see what you mean in that reducing inflammation would help with tissue penetration. All I have to say is that since I weaned myself off the mino, I’ve had to take aspirin or ibuprofen everyday in the afternoon when I seem to get really sore. And, although I might have had DILE, my labs were totally normal for crp and sed rate…. I am still trying to decipher all of this. My rheumatologist doesn’t believe in antibiotics, but hopefully she will humor me on this issue since my family doctor is on leave.

Thanks for your info. matv suggested a couple of supplements that I have to look into too.

jeni

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Jeni,
    @Jeni wrote:

I really don’t know what to think about the Orencia combined with doxycycline because I’ve read both that it will work and that it won’t work. My understanding is that the antibiotics work in conjunction with the immune system and therefore, the biologic drugs should hamper their effectiveness. On the other hand, I see what you mean in that reducing inflammation would help with tissue penetration.

The way I see it, taking doxy with Orencia is better than not taking it at all. It may not be the ideal situation, but sometimes you just have to start from where you are and gradually work toward something better.

@Jeni wrote:

All I have to say is that since I weaned myself off the mino, I’ve had to take aspirin or ibuprofen everyday in the afternoon when I seem to get really sore.

Is that still the case now that you are on Orencia?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

matv
    Participant

Hi Jeni,

Bromelain and Serratiopeptidase are marketed as natural anti-inflammatories when taken without food
    . But they also tend to break down biofilm according to some sites. That can be good or bad, typically if you’re not prepared you can stir up some crazy reactions. When coupled with antibiotics, they’re supposed to allow the drug to penetrate deeper or get them to places hard to get. The first few days taking it I really didn’t know what to expect. Crazy sensations went through my head. It even unearthed a bit of a cold in my chest that my folks had weeks before.

I can remember reading up on studies about how serrapeptase was used to promote healing after operations and such, and it actually dis help improve, especially loosening up the phlegm in the chests of some cancer patients.

I would go slow at first.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.