Home Forums General Discussion Minocin and doxycycline

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tlpitts
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone is using both doxycycline with minocin together for Ra? I have rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, there are. Dr. W. in NYC uses that combination, so some of his patients are taking both doxycycline and minocycline. Some of his patients are members of this forum.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Joanne NJ
    Participant

I did Mino and doxy for one year with great results. 100 mg Sun, Tues, and Thu and 50 mg on Mon., Wed and Fri. Nothing on Saturday. I have RA, my primary doc agreed to oversee my treatment and we based my dose on my brother who achieved remission (also with RA) with Dr. W in NY that Phil had mentioned. I did very well with this combo, I feel I achieved remission, and so did my primary doc, all my symptoms were 90 % better, lab results were great for almost 11 months straight, I got my life back. Today I feel ok, I have not taken the antibiotics for over one year, but feel it may be time to resume which is fine with me, as I know this combo works for me. Hope this helps, Joanne

PhilC
    Participant

Hi John,

There doesn’t seem to be a set way of combining them. It looks like some people are taking them on different days, like minocycline on M-W-F and doxycycline on T-Th-Sat, but others are taking them on the same day, such as 100 mg of minocycline in the morning on M-W-F, and doxycycline in the evening on M-W-F.

By the way, I am currently taking both. I am taking 25 mg of minocycline on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and on every other day I take 100 mg of doxycycline. I am trying to slowly work my way up to 100 mg of minocycline, after which I may drop the doxy and take only mino. The mino was givng me headaches and tinnitus, so I had to reduce the dose. I am still experiencing some low-level tinnitus, but thankfully the headaches are gone.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Anonymous
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi,

Yes, there are. Dr. W. in NYC uses that combination, so some of his patients are taking both doxycycline and minocycline. Some of his patients are members of this forum.

Phil

I need to know more about Dr. W in NYC. How can I reach him?

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.