Home Forums General Discussion minocin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spfister
    Participant

Hi everyone:

I have been off for awhile and was doing very well on minocycline for the last 1 1/2 years My Ra factor came down from 800 to 100. But I have been feeling really bad lately and not sure why. I am going to the Dr next week and will get more labs. I have been taking the generic minocin 100 MWF. I am thinking of ordering from buylowdrugs.com the Brand name form from Stiefel to see if that helps me start feeling better again.

I was bit by a bug this summer though had a big scap on my temple area and did not see what did it and then it swelled up and turned red. About two weeks after I got a lymes test that showed nothing. But I am going to ask for the test again because since then I have been achier and achier. I heard the test isn’t necessary effective the fist couple of weeks.

So are many of you buying from buylowdrugs.com the brand name and how is that working for you. Do you ask them to make sure it’s the Stiefel pelleted?

Thanks for your imput!!

Shari

Maz
    Keymaster

@spfister wrote:

So are many of you buying from buylowdrugs.com the brand name and how is that working for you. Do you ask them to make sure it’s the Stiefel pelleted?

YES! Be sure to write Stiefel (pelleted only) Minocin caps on the faxed order form. Stiefel also produces a powdered version in the same colored caps (two-toned indigo/orange caps), so if you want “pelleted” you need to specify this. Actually, I believe Stiefel recently sold out to GSK, so supplies of 100mg caps are no longer available and people have only been able to get them in 50mg caps. Also, if you can order in 100 cap amounts, this is better as you can then receive the original vacuum-sealed bottle made by the manufacturer and the bottle won’t need to be split for mailing to you….safer in the mail.

You might want to call buylowdrugs in advance of faxing your order to ensure supplies are still available. No one is quite sure when the legalities of the sale of Stiefel to GSK will be smoothed out and normal Minocin production will be resumed. For now the 50mg caps are still available, I think, but this may only last as long as stocks do.

Unfortunately, ticks pass much more than Lyme….viruses, bartonellosis, babesiosis, anaplasmosis, erhlichiosis, microfilarial nematodes, various ricketsial infections and there are around 100 different strains of Lyme in the US (they only test for one!). So, it really isn’t worth waiting on standard Lyme testing to figure out whether borreliosis is implicated or not. Experienced LLMDs will usually do a full work-up of symptoms,extensive labs and patient history to determine whether therapeutic probing with multiple abx in various combinations might be needed to gauge response, because low dose monotherapy with just one abx is likely not going to be enough. Detoxing and diet are also really important with Lyme to help gird an already compromised immune system.

Hope you find your answers soon, Shari! 🙂

spfister
    Participant

Thanks Maz:

I guess I’ll start with my AP Doctor next week and see what he thinks about me seeing a Lymes Literate Doctor. I called one from the list off LLMD from RBF and he was covered on my insurance but they wanted a referral from my Primary Doctor first.
    I called a couple other numbers from the list some are not working numbers anymore.

Interestingly my Pulimologist put me on Doxy for my lungs awhile ago and that seems to help the RA, isn’t that one of the drugs they use for Lymes?

If anyone out there knows of a LLMD Doctor in the area of Minneapolis/St Paul that takes insurance that is good could you send me a personal message.

Tryng to figure everything out from all the information is good but sometimes I feel like my brain is going to blow up 😯
    Confused to why the AP worked so well for 1 1/2 years but now I’m getting these flairs.

Thanks goodness for this site that we can keep each other informed with whats working.

I am also going to cut down on tomatoes I have been eating a lot of those and I know they can be implicated in arthrits.

spfister
    Participant

Hello again:

I went to see Doctor K in Woodbury yesterday. Told him about the bite I had in the end of June and how I have been feeling worse and worse over the last two months, achy joints everywhere hands, shoulders, knee ext. He decided to put me on Doxycycline 100 twice a day for several weeks then see him again. So I went went from Minocycling 100 M W F to Doxy 100 twice a day every day. He also took test for RA factor the CPR for inflammation and a couple different lymes test.

Hoping this this will start to get things on tract. Interesting side note in May I had Hib flu and my pulminologist put me on Doxy with Cipro because I was reacting to many other antibiotics. Well the interesting thing is my asthma went away for 6 weeks, something that never happened before, I always need my inhaler daily. Well I never used Doxy before either so I think they were related. Any thoughts out there about that.

Hoping you all doing well and are on the path to your healing : )

Shari

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Interesting side note in May I had Hib flu and my pulminologist put me on Doxy with Cipro because I was reacting to many other antibiotics.

My AP doc says that the flu very frequently changes the body’s response to abx.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.